How hard is it to learn golf? I'm 50, overweight and large breasted.

My doctor wants me to exercise so I'm looking for something that I might enjoy.

wilwell

Asked by wilwell at 6:44 PM on Oct. 12, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• golf wont give you the exercise needed, try swimming or bicycling.
    Anonymous

• The only way golf will really give you exercise is IF you walk instead of taking a cart. It all depends on how coordinated you are. I've been trying to learn but since I played softball I am finding it hard to get the club close to the ground ~ I usually whiff the ball. HA HA. Good luck and it is fun even if you aren't so good. =)
    lifeofchaois

Answer by lifeofchaois at 6:50 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Do you know what a Wii is? We have a Wii and a Wii fit. They're so much fun! One of the games it is golf. On the Wii fit, it has a Wii fit coach and measures your weight, your BMI and balance, and has a calendar and fitness goals. The best part is that it has a ton of different exercises that are fun and you really don't realize your exercising unless your doing Yoga. You can also set your Wii person up with a password so you don't have to worry about someone checking your weight, lol.
    Lornamay

Answer by Lornamay at 6:58 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• My in-laws have a Wii Fit and it is awesome. I would definately look into that. As far as golf, I guess it just depends on how coordinated you are, I suck at golf, LOL. As a fellow large breasted lady, I find it kind of difficult to swing the club properly, I don't know if that makes any sense. If you are not active at all, walking can be a good option.
    Taviesmommy

Answer by Taviesmommy at 8:50 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• My husband tried to teach me to golf 10 years ago. I found it to be very difficult to hit that tiny ball. It needs to be bigger. Also, I'm too scared to hit the ground, that I'm going to break my elbows.
    The OP was right also. Unless you walk rather than taking the cart, golf is not very active. Even mall walking with window shopping would get more movement. Plus, it's indoors so you don't have to worry about weather.
    Ilovepie77

Answer by Ilovepie77 at 11:23 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I am also very large breasted and overweight. I LOVE the elliptical trainer at the gym. It is low impact but burns lots of calories. There is not a lot of boob bouncing going on. And if you program an MP3 player with the right tunes, you can really get in a groove and work up a good sweat. It's a great exercise for gals like us! :)

If you want weight loss support, check out my group... http://www.cafemom.com/group/41719
    TwinmomPlus

Answer by TwinmomPlus at 2:42 AM on Oct. 16, 2008