should i care if he is there for the birth of my child? My dad and mom had a rough divorice 21 years ago. still to this day they have the biggest problem being even in the same city limits as eachother (so bad that they live on opposite ends of the country).

My mom helped me deliver my first child 3 years ago and this december i plan on having her help me again (my dad was working on a business trip for baby #1 and was only able to be there and see her for the first time at 4 months old). my father was given a 3 months heads up for this momentus ocation that they will yet again be within earshot of eachother and he told be (very cowardly over the phone) that he will not be in the same room with her. so should i realy be crying about this? its his decision right? i mean i moved here to be close to him and he will see both my babies on a regular basis ... why could it hurt so bad that he wont be there at the hospital? i wasnt going to have him in the birthing room (cause lets face it - who realy wants their dad to see down there)...should i tell him to suck it up and be there or just let it play out whether he is there or not?

vakatia

Asked by vakatia at 6:49 PM on Oct. 12, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I'd ask him to just be in the waiting room, that way after the baby comes he can come see it and they can switch in the room.
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 6:52 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Both of your parents need to get over their problems especially with you having their grandkids and wanting them around . Good Luck !
    katherine4

Answer by katherine4 at 6:52 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• You'd think that both of them would be mature enough to get along for the time it takes for you to give birth! Maybe just let him stay in the waiting room until the very last minute, then call him in for the big moment! Tell them both to grow up and be there for you when need them like parents should be!
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 7:19 PM on Oct. 12, 2008