To all 12 month, warm weather residents-Dont you ever miss the snow?

I recently moved to FL, and I know that it is going to be weird having warm weather all winter long. Sounds crazy, but I am so used to snow and I am going to miss it. My friends out east are going to hate it when I call and tell them I am basking on the beach in the sun in November and they are up to there eyeballs in snow. Maybe I shouldn't mention it to them so much!!! I wish I could afford to buy them a plane ticket down!!! What do most people do. Snow birds come down and area is more populated. What is fun to do at that time-in the Naples area?

CatPaws2

Asked by CatPaws2 at 1:18 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• One of my BFF just moved to FL, and she was so sad during Christmas, she missed all the snow and everything, she bought a fake tree and set it up but she said it was not the same.
    sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 1:21 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• As someone who lived in Arizona for almost 9 years, I can say...yes, I really started to miss the snow. Christmas time just wasn't the same in the desert, or when we were swimming in our pool on Christmas Eve, lol. Granted, it was heated, but still... :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 1:25 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I lived in AZ for 22 years than moved to Fl. so guess I got use to not having snow. I really don't miss it. I sure don't miss bundling up just to go to the store. It has it's good points that for me out way any missing of snow. Hope you get use to it hon, I'm not bothered by not having it at Christmas. We and most people put up the most beautiful lights. I do miss family tho. Good luck in your settling down in a warm climate.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 1:34 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• YES, YES , YES
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 1:35 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I grew up on the Gulf of Mexico, and saw snow once before I was 21 yrs old. Once I traveled to and then lived in a few northern states, I LOVED the snow. Everybody thought I was crazy for that, but they have never experienced the summer heat of 100 degrees with 98% humidity for a month straight. Now that we're back in the south and in an area where you can't really count on snow for Christmas, I miss it so much. It is just not the same. We also laugh when it gets down to a brisk 40 degrees, people around here break out the stocking caps and mittens. LOL!!! Sorry, I'm no help on things to do in Naples, but your question took me down memory lane for a moment. I'm giving you a bump, too!
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 2:46 PM on Sep. 3, 2010