From co-sleep to crib in same room with 8 mth old?

i have an 8 month old baby girl that is breastfed, co-sleeps, and is now crawling and standing. her crib is right next to our bed. I've tried to get her to sleep in her crib but 1. she wakes up reaching for me and crying after only a few minutes and 2. she wont fall asleep on her own, she falls asleep nursing or in my arm. so she is just co-sleeping with us. how can i get her to sleep on her own in her crib? I've heard of Ferber method but i don't know cause i cant stand hearing her cry. also she doesn't go to sleep until between 11:30-1:30am and wakes up around 11-12am. how do i change that? so many issues, any recommendations will be helpful!

btw she only falls asleep for naps on top of me

hermomhisgirl

Asked by hermomhisgirl at 1:24 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When we moved our kids from our room to there room or bassinet. I was recommend to put them in there for there nap. Do that for a while and then start putting them in there at night. To start out till the wake up and to make it longer and longer each time. Before we knew it. They were in there own room or bed.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 1:30 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• There is no other way you need to put the crib in a different room and let here cry it out comfort her only after 10-15 mins of crying it's hard but thats the way it's done our son was a co-sleeper and this worked for us we put him down in his crib awake after rocking him saying prayer and kisses and hugs told him we loved him and we will be out here and said it's time to go night night and then laid him down in his crib and turned around and walked out he screamed his head off yes it was hard and i cried sometimes but it only lasted a week and then he got the idea and be CONSISTENT they learn how to work u at an early age. If you can't stand hearing him cry leave ur husband their and go for a drive it has to be done there are so many things that get slowed by not doing this
    Proverbs3127

Answer by Proverbs3127 at 1:32 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• You can read the book no cry sleep solutions. I am not a fan of cry it out. What you need to do is get her to learn to fall asleep on her own. Maybe take the matress out of the crib and let her sleep on it on the floor, I did this with my kids to move them, if your in the room with her and a light sleeper there is no harm in it. Then you can nurse her on her matress and get her to fall asleep that way. Or if you have one of the cribs with the pull down sides you can pull the crib up next to your bed, and nurse her that way. Is she only waking up the one time during the night?
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 1:38 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• it varies, but shes doesnt wake me much on most nights
    hermomhisgirl

Comment by hermomhisgirl (original poster) at 1:39 PM on Sep. 3, 2010