Do you Think He will Induce???

Im 36 weeks Pregnant and Im on strict bed Rest Due To high Blood Pressure. My past appointment My doctor told me he was taking me off of my medications and the bed rest When i come in for my next check up which is in 4 days. I ended up in flase labor a few days ago and he was talking about still doing that and something about setting a date. Of course I plan on talking to him about all of this when i go in and all But I was wondering Would They Induce Due to My high Blood Pressure. I have Had a Rough pregnancy, ( she dropped when i was 25 weeks and the doctor said the bed rest would keep her from coming to soon, then i found out about the blood pressure, i have stomach problems which cause me WAY more pain, they also have been monitoring her and my fluids because she is a tiny baby ( 3 weeks ago she weighed in 3.10) my fluids were at 13% which he said wasnt bad, he didnt want to see it under 10%. What do you think?

LovingThem2710

Asked by LovingThem2710 at 1:29 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If I were you, I'd go for a c-section if he says he wants to induce. My first was induced and the medication they give you to force contractions (starts with a p, forgot the word though), took over 24hours to work, and when it did start working it cause my daughter umbilical cord to wrap around her neck. She was born through emergency c-section, and she was dead. They revived her, but she has suffered a slow development because of it. She's 3 and she just now started talking.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 1:36 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Nuchal cord is NOT caused by pitocin. It occurs in 1 out of every 3 births. ALL 3 of mine had the cord around their neck at LEAST once, all were born healthy.

Pitocin is the culprit in a lot of cases with induction, it causes BP to spike or drop, causes internal bleeding, heart problems... and causes the infant to lose oxygen. It has NOTHING to do with a nuchal cord.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 1:42 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• It kinda sounds like you are headed that way. They will induce if the fluids get low AND if your BP gets too high. It will not cause your babies cord to be wrapped around thier neck. That happens all on its own, and usually long before delivery. Like obbydobbie said, its like 1 of 3 kids are born with it around their neck. My sons was and hes fine. I have 2 friends that it was wrapped twice and they were not induced. Thier kiddos are healthy as well.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 1:48 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I think it sounds like you are healthy enough now, coming off meds,
    and induction will *add* unnecessary risks.

doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:03 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• The medication he is taking me off of isnt for my BP isfor anxiety ( which they noticed how tensed i was and how my blood pressure did shoot up when i started feeling contractions. They also Have me on anti biotics to keep away infection. He said he wants to do that Because Ill be far along enough That it wont matter if i go into labor she will be fine.
    LovingThem2710

Comment by LovingThem2710 (original poster) at 2:17 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• i'm not super knowledgeable but i thought high BP was only a reason for induction if it was combined with proteinuria (however that is spelled). i would hope that he would only induce you if it was a real emergency and your BP was so high that you were at risk for stroke or something. make sure you take a list of all the questions you want to ask :-) GL!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 4:01 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

many babies aren't ready at 39 weeks.
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 4:02 PM on Sep. 3, 2010