Would you be willing to adopt a child?

There are alot of kid in our own country who need homes. Would you offer them one?

GinNTonic

Asked by GinNTonic at 1:46 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Adoption

• If I had the room yes, I'd do it in a heartbeat.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 1:47 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I would and wish I could. :( Just monetarily can't and I don't have the space.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 1:47 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I would consider it, but I would never qualify. The requirements are so strict that it makes it impossible for average folk to adopt. I looked into it when we thought we would have fertility problems. It made me very depressed.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 1:47 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I would love to but do not have the money for an outright adoption. We have looked into becoming foster parents but we can not because we do not have closets in the bedroom so we do not qualify. We were hoping to adopt through the foster care system it will not happen as long as we are living in this house. It is amazing that such a simple thing can disqualify you.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:51 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• YES!!!!!!!!!!! Both my husband I were adopted as babies, no we aren't related or even lived together, anyway...so yes, that is something very close to our hearts and I think it is something we may seriously consider in a couple of years.
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 1:51 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Absolutely! I adopted my twin nephews at 18mos of age. They were tossed in a crib and left to fend for themselves. They couldn't walk, talk and had only 6 teeth. And, you could set a silver dollar in the soft spot of their head. These boys were actually my ex's brother's boys. The ex and I have long since divorced and moved on. But, I have raised the boys on my own. They are now normal, healthy, strong & smart 18yo seniors in high school. I am just as proud of them as I am my 2 DDs.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 1:52 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• My brother and his wife did the foster to adopt program with their oldest son. My dh and I plan to do the same when our boys are a bit older. Right now our kids are still little, so we don't have a lot of extra time or energy for more kids.
    Dh's parents did foster care for over 100 kids in the 15 years they did it. What a rewarding experience!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:54 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Yes, we plan to do this in the future. Maybe in 2 or 3 years, after we get our son's medical issues straightened out.
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 1:56 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Yes, my husband and I hope to someday adopt through the foster system, but we want to wait until we're a little more financially stable and own our own home.
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 1:59 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I do plan on adopting in a year or so.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 2:02 PM on Sep. 3, 2010