• In the Spotlight:

what do you think?

I'm older than my husband, he's 18 I'm almost 21, we got married when he was 17...and a few people say we were stupid for marrying so young...
what do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:15 PM on Oct. 12, 2008 in Relationships

• I think they are stupid for even saying that. What does age really have to do with getting married and staying married. Nothing. commitment, love and the willingness to keep it going even though you've hit a rough patch is what matters. I married my husband when I was 15, him 20. I am now 24 and he is 28. nearly 10 years later and we are still together, still inlove and still willing to keep our marriage intact. I think age does not matter at all when it comes to marriage.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 7:19 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• If you are both in love I don't think you are stupid.
    rosie823

Answer by rosie823 at 7:20 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• thanks :)
    Anonymous

• well, nobody can really answer that question fairly unless they know you well, cuz we don't know how mature or immature either one of you are.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 7:28 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Age doesn't necessarily matter. I married at 21, which was 10 years ago and things are still fine.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:32 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Age is only that. Maturity is another thing. If you feel you are both happy and are willing to stick it out no matter what, (for better or worse (and there will be) and sickness and health) then I say it does not matter what other people think. My husband and I started being serious with each other at 18 and were married at 20. I have to admit I would wait now but do not regret our long 18 years together. GOOD LUCK!!!!
    susan220

Answer by susan220 at 7:58 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• There's no age difference between my DH and I, but we were married at 20. I get really angry when people say "that's too young". We've been together for 16 years, age is just a number. As long as you were both ready to be married and are happy, to heck with what others think.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 8:04 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Statistically speaking, getting married so long makes you more likely to get divorced. But you aren't a statistic, you're two individuals. I understand why they have for the longevity of your marriage, but that doesn't mean you're stupid or can't do it. Look at it this way, by the time you're 40 you'll have been with your husband for half your life. I think that's pretty awesome
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 4:44 PM on Oct. 13, 2008