i dont want my husband to see post pregnancy body

i just had our first baby a few months ago, and while i went thru all the changes my husband was in iraq. he comes home next month and i am so embarassed of my stomach; i gained all my weight in my tummy, so it has plenty of stretch marks and no matter how much i exercise and diet the "flab" wont go away.... b/c thats what it is: flab. im wondering, has the post pregnancy body ever effected the husband? b/c to be honest, i have never felt less sexy and attractive in my life than i do now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:17 PM on Oct. 12, 2008 in Relationships

• My DH has loved me through two kids. I think if he loves you then he will be even more in love with you because without those stretch marks and extra "flab" he would not have a child.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 7:18 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I have the same flab and still can't get rid of it after 4 years .
    katherine4

Answer by katherine4 at 7:22 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• The "flab" can only be taken care of through a tummy tuck. It won't go away. It has lost it's elasticity.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 7:25 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• to some people, their dh's seem to think that their body will go right back to normal after having a baby, but like the pp said, if he really loves you, he won't care, especially if he's coming back from deployment, he just wants to see you and his new baby, i bet you he could care less about that flab.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 7:25 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• It might be a little weird to him at first due to the fact that he didn't see your body changing this whole time but he shouldn't mind. REAL men KNOW that we don't always look good after a baby. Some women do but MOST have stretch marks and flab. Just keep in mind the marks will fade alot withing a year and the belly will go down.
    Anonymous

• As the others have said, he won't even care about the flab. Try letting him see you lying down, that seems to minimize the flab. Good luck and happy homecoming!

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 7:31 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• he wont care about the flab - you are more worried about it then he ever will.
    Tae-Bo helped my stomach regain the strength it needed.
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 8:01 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• After being gone, your DH will be so happy to see you, he's not going to care about your "flab" as you call it. I'm sure it's not as bad as you think it is. I had a hard time adjusting to my body after having a baby, and after two! I really felt uneasy undressing in front of my DH. But I think he's just going to love seeing you and that baby! Have a happy reunion, stop worrying. :o)
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 8:02 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• if he really loves u he wont care
    phoebematthew

Answer by phoebematthew at 9:00 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• i agree with all of them. If your that insecure were something that helps cover your tummy until you get comfortable again. And make sure you tell him Thanks for everything hes done while in Iraq. He'll probably just be happy to be with you no matter what you look like. Your Hubbys coming home!!!
    hotmama541

Answer by hotmama541 at 12:26 AM on Oct. 13, 2008