If your candidate doesn't win the election; are you really moving out of the USA?

I have seeing some posters saying that if their candudate doesn't win this election they'll move. If you feel this way; where would you move to(please post country,city etc.)? Have you done any research the country you are considering?would you be willing to let us know (here on CM) a year from now how you are doing in the new place? I absolutely love this country and will not move regardless of who wins.

ny.chica

Asked by ny.chica at 7:28 PM on Oct. 12, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• I would never move out of the country over who won the election. I have moved out of the country in the past and I have to tell you that I was good with it for about six months, then I got terribly homesick. The funny thing is that I had moved back to the country I came from originally! I was raised here in the USA and I love this country more than anything, I would not cut and run simply because my candidate didn't win. We all complain and whine about it, but there is truly no country I would rather live in. I feel blessed to live here and thank God that my dad moved us here. God bless America!
    hibicent

Answer by hibicent at 8:41 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• no LOL... thats stupid run away from your problems? thats pathetic.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 7:29 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• i think peole are just talk when it comes to that.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 7:29 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• No, because if McCain wins, he'll see to it that the lower-class have no money and can't afford to leave! lol. If he wins, though, I'd really, really want to. Switzerland! (neutral) I love the US but things are already unbearable on my husband, my pregnancy, and me.
    KatieBatey

Answer by KatieBatey at 7:30 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• * candidate... just noticed the typo
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 7:31 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• KatieBatey- Switzerland! ahve you done any research on Switzerland? just curious as to what you like about it.
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 7:32 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Mountains and countryside, mostly. I know it's got its share of problems, too ... Truthfully, I've always wanted to go there. To visit. But ... hey, a girl can dream, right?
    KatieBatey

Answer by KatieBatey at 7:35 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• lol.. we can all dream..
    ny.chica

Answer by ny.chica at 7:36 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• We don't plan on moving, but if given a good opportunity we'd move to Cavanaugh Ireland, or Perth, Austrailia.
    MamaLion82007

Answer by MamaLion82007 at 8:03 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• OOOh, Perth sounds GREAT!

However, I am in love my country and wouldn't leave it, even if a different candidate than my choosing is elected.
    FiveofaKind

Answer by FiveofaKind at 8:04 PM on Oct. 12, 2008