Boy;s vs Girls.. Potty training

Who do you think is easier to potty train.. boys or girls? And what is your technique that works well for you.

Airforce3mom

Asked by Airforce3mom at 2:01 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I only have boys, so I don't know about the difference between boys and girls. But My younger two were much easier to train. Why? Because I learned my lesson the first time. I started way too early and pushed and pushed and he just refused. With the other two, I waited until they were older and READY to potty train. I waited until they could independently pull up and down their pants. Also they could get to the toilet by themselves and get on the toilet themselves. Also when they started having dry diapers all night long.
    I really think all of those things are really important to potty training. With middle child, he was completely potty trained in a week and have never had an accident. The youngest is taking a bit longer it has been about 3 weeks and he has it done except pooping, he makes it to the potty about 75% of the time now.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:08 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• My hardest was a girl, and my easiest was a girl. My son falls somewhere between the two extremes. Like SleepingBeautee, I learned my lesson with the first one; I had started training her too early and the process dragged on and became frustrating for all of us. WIth the twins I waited a lot later to start and it's been much less frustrating.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:19 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Well I feel i was the same way with my first one. I just wanted to make sure i was doing everything ok like a mom should feel. By the time i had my 3rd child.. my oldest was then all the way potty trained.
    Airforce3mom

Comment by Airforce3mom (original poster) at 2:25 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• My daughter was much easier than my son, but that could be because he's so stubborn. What worked best was taking away pull-ups completely and small rewards for success.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 2:38 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I actually was very lucky in this department. I have a boy and girl and they were both pretty easy to train. I will say that my son got lazy after awhile and he would refuse to come in from playing and just pee his pants and then even try to fib to me that he was not wet. My daughter does not do that. She will still not come in from playing but she will hold it. She will come in if it gets so bad she might pee her pants.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 11:15 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• My girls have both been easy, but we don't wait until they're older. We start around 16 months, and make it no big deal. It's simply a fact of life - big kids use potties. We don't really use rewards or anything, but I give stamps when we introduce the idea. By 2, they've both been done with daytime. The 2 year old is usually dry in the morning, the 3 year old isn't. My husband and I were both bedwetters, so we are not as concerned about overnight.
    whiteroses82

Answer by whiteroses82 at 12:51 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• my 2yo DS has picked it up since he turned 2... so i have no idea which is easier lol, for boys, i think its the aim
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 5:48 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I only have a girl, so I don't know!
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 10:25 PM on Sep. 4, 2010