What's the going rate for sex?

Just kidding! But I'm sure this title will get lots of attention since my previous one for the same question didn't get any. LOL
I need an idea of what a one time house cleaning for a 2600 sq ft empty house would cost. Anybody have an idea? What's an average hourly rate? I'm old school and clean my own normally, but this is a big job we want done in a hurry. Help!

JawgaMom1

Asked by JawgaMom1 at 2:07 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• If it is an empty house then it shouldn't take so long to clean. Maybe offer like $10-15 an hour?

Good luck!

Hey! If it's in my area I'll do it! lol
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 2:15 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• i know that i pay a cleaning lady $100 to clean my 1 bdrm apartment if that helps you.

check out www.care.com
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 2:09 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Around here where everything else is ridiculously expensive it's about $20/hr. $60 will get you a good kitchen, bathrooms, and living spaces cleaning.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 2:14 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I'm not sue, but here's a bump! Hope you get more answers this time. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 2:08 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• sure*
    LovingSAHMommy

• I know this isn't what you asked, but have you considered gathering friends/family together to do the job? If you can get 8-10 people working together, delegate tasks by ability or desire or what have you, pay them in pizza and the satisfaction of a job well done, it could be both fun and effective. I've done this a number of times for disabled friends and had it done for me, it was fun and the jobs got done quickly.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 2:25 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Bump u
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 2:26 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I was thinking maybe $15 an hour?
    dakajazz23

Answer by dakajazz23 at 2:42 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Fist, I did think of that, and thanks for the suggestion. Friends will be helping us move and movers are way more expensive. LOL
    Thanks for all the answers, ladies!
    JawgaMom1

Comment by JawgaMom1 (original poster) at 2:48 PM on Sep. 3, 2010