Beginning crochet

I want to learn to crochet, I know the basics, but have never gotten very far and it's been awhile. What size hooks/yarn would be easiest to learn with at the beginning?

kltinsley

Asked by kltinsley at 2:51 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I use f and g hooks! most standard yarn sizes, like red heart brand yarns use f and g hooks because the hook grips them well.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:55 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Sport or baby weight yarn is a good yarn to start with, I like the "J" or "I" hooks for that weight of yarn personally. If you go to a craft/hobby store you can get a nice set of crochet hooks ranging from tiny for thread to large for chunky yarn, and yarn packages actually tell you which hook sizes they recommend.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 2:56 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Well, I would first go get a book with some projects and pick out some yarn... the yarn wrapper will tell you what is best for that type and the project will let you know the weight of yarn and size of needle. I prefer to use worsted weight and a g hook! Have fun with it!
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 3:11 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• i dont crochet but gl
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:04 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• There are kits that include the hooks, instructions and a few patterns for basic projects. Just pick up a ball of Red Heart worsted weight yarn and the kit and be on your way to crocheting.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 10:12 AM on Sep. 4, 2010