So Long Summer: Do you change your decor with the seasons?

I have different garlands for around my fireplace mantle. I also have different wreaths for my door and I change my candles throughout the house for a season-appropriate aroma. When I go to the grocery store, I buy bouquets of flowers that are seasonal colors.

What do you do?

specialwingz

Asked by specialwingz at 2:53 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Oh yes, I have a spring/summer theme, an autumn/Halloween theme, and a winter/Christmas Theme...
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 3:09 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• in summer i let the fresh scents of fruit candles , autumn time we open the windows and i also burn the cinnamon candles and in the winter we try to find the Christmas scented candles
    sherryb1273

Answer by sherryb1273 at 3:18 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I don't, because our house isn't really furnished yet. But I would if I could. My MIL does however.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 3:44 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• No, we don't have different decor for different seasons. We pretty much only have what's out all the time.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 3:45 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I probably will whenever I have the extra money to buy seasonal decor!!
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 3:45 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Yes I do. I have Easter stuff, 4th of July stuff, and then fall and christmas decor. I love decorating outside. it lets my neighbors get a peek at what is going on inside! I decorate inside as well. I have really gotten into it since we bought our first house. and since my little girl was born it has become even more fun!!!
    teagansmom10

Answer by teagansmom10 at 4:37 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Sure do! I update for spring and leave that through the summer (but we add a few patrotic touches for July). I decorate BIG for fall and then that comes down for Christmas on Black Friday. Christmas comes down and changes to winter that stays around through January and February. March the Easter stuff comes out and we start all over again. lol
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 4:54 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I change out the candles around my house. & my window clings... Im getting ready to put up some leaves & stuff like that. I dont put up a wreathe, (because it wont stay long, some one will tear it down.)
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 9:44 AM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I mostly just decorate for Christmas/winter. The rest of the year I don't change much
    RedRowan

Answer by RedRowan at 6:41 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I decorate for Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas and when the kids were young, Valentine's Day and Easter. So, yes, decor for each of those special events.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 8:28 PM on Sep. 4, 2010