so long summer... what chores do you do to get ready for the fall weather?

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 2:58 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Trim, weed, wash, pack summer furnishings.

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 4:25 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• LOL..my spring cleaning.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:58 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I know that we need to get the garden ready for next year. Another one is the raking of the leaves. I will have to clean my windows again soon before it gets too cold.
    Airforce3mom

Answer by Airforce3mom at 3:00 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• We need to winterize our cooler sometime in the next couple of months. And start getting the warm clothes out and putting away the shorts. The garden, the raking of the leaves, washing all the windows and I would love to repaint the living and dining room before it gets too cold, so we can leave the windows open to air out the smell of the paint.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:06 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Oh, and put the summer clothes away.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 7:53 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• I just rake leaves. We'll have a lot to do this year, we have two big trees in the front yard. But that just means more leaves to fill up the bug orange pumpkin bags :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 3:03 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Lots of canning and freezing all the produce from the garden ... and drying herbs ... and getting all the gardens ready for next year.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 3:05 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Kiwismommy, I like those big orange pumpkin bags too ... and I like the spider one too, with the big long stuffed legs, we did one of those last year too!
    aliceinalgonac

• When do chores end?? DH gets a break, because during the warm months, he takes care of the yard (mowing, watering, etc), but soon as the grass dies off for the year, he's done. We don't have to rake leaves because our yard doesn't have any trees (and yes, that sucks, because it gets so freaking hot outside without shade).
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 3:10 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I get the garden ready for winter, add mulch and compost on the vegie beds, etc. I also plant bulbs for spring if I have some ready to plant. We also bring in a lot of the yard decor, plus I have tropical plants that I store in the crawl space (cannas, etc.) as well as many houseplants to bring back inside.
    mikesmom65270

Answer by mikesmom65270 at 3:17 PM on Sep. 3, 2010