How much do you spend on diapers?

momma's that use disposable diapers?
how much does each size run you if you cloth diaper?

kjbennett26

Asked by kjbennett26 at 3:05 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• About $80 a month. We buy 2 boxes for my newborn and my 14 month old. Each is about $40 from Sams and comes with 140-180 diapers.
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 3:24 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• about twenty dollars a month...We go through about six a day, buy the generics by the case.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:06 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• About $40/month if that. And that's if I buy Huggies. Sometimes I'm cheap and get Luvs but I'm not really a fan of those.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 3:07 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I make my own cloth diapers. so anywhere from $2 to $5. But I want to figure out how to make the ones that grow with them. I can get a few of those online. Two for $35. And that will get me through all stages. So if I just got those. I would pay maybe $500 or less till my child is potty trained.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 3:08 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• we usually get a big $25 box of Pampers every month or so... sometimes sooner sometimes later. i don't mind it so much with only one in diapers now, having to buy diapers for 2 for almost a whole year was HORRIBLE! my son is older now too and doesn't go through as many (he's in size 4 btw) plus he is very interested in the Potty so hopefully we'll be done with diapers within the next 8-12 months!! :D
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 3:08 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I pay about $19.96 plus taxes for a box of size two Pampers. Those (between daycare and home) last about two weeks. So I buy those twice a month. Then I buy a case of wipes about every month. Those are used on my little man and his sisters when they need it.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 3:09 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• About $16 every two and a half weeks. We used to use the White Cloud (from Wal-Mart) training pants, but they changed their texture for some reason and it started giving my DD staph infections on her bottom. So we now only use Pampers or Kuddles (Winn-Dixie brand). She's in a size 4 right now.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 3:10 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• My son is 14 months and i spend 30 a month. Size 4s. And 12 bucks a month on wipes.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 4:03 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• My daughter is a year old and we use cloth. I've probably spent about $300 total on our stash.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 6:04 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Zero! We've been out of diapers 100% since my baby girl was 9 months and hardly used them for a few months before that (she is almost a year old). Check out "Elimimination Communication"

I problably spent $200-$300 on prefolds, flats, wipes, and covers (a bought two pricey pocket diapers that I never ended up using).
    Flats are one size fits all. Prefolds come generally in "small medium and large". Most do just find with just two sizes. I used the equivalent of small and medium. Others go direct to medium and large.

Pull-ups are marketing ploy crap. Get yourself some old fashioned cotton training pants! They hold one wee and can be washed. Its what I used for my baby girl. Probably one of the cheapest are Gerber cotton training pants 2T and 3T...JC penney apparantly has a line called wee-(something?) . Save your money! If you need 18month size you'll have to buy online.

amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 7:54 PM on Sep. 3, 2010