I feel used

I did a gift swap with someone I met online and to me it was fun swapping gifts and the other lady seemed to be enjoying it to and she was updating me on different stuff etc. Well when it came to the week we were supposed to be sending it she kept asking me if I sent her gift and I sent it by the day it was supposed to be sent by and told her I sent it and that it would get there within 2 days (because I paid the extra to have it sent priority) and she completely stopped texting me. Then the day it was supposed to arrive she asked me multiple times how I sent the package. I found it really offensive because I know she hasn't sent me anything and I went the extra mile to send it priority so she would get it early and once she knew it was on the way she didn't want anything more to do with me. Does it seem like she was using me to you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:11 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• Yes It sounds fishy. Use it as a lesson...cant trust people you meet online..was it someone you met on cafemom?
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:13 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Yea it was throw a whole big cafemom gift swap thing in one of my groups
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:13 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I';d say your assumption is correct. It's also possible that she has received it but is claiming that she hasn't, in hopes that you will send a second package. I've had this happen to me.
    mikesmom65270

Answer by mikesmom65270 at 3:14 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• It's hard to imagine but their are people like that out there.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:16 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Wow, sounds like she used you and got you good. I don't know that I would have participated in that in the first place.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 3:20 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Yep sounds like it. Hate people like that.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:22 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Yes, it sounds like you were taken. You can always announce it to your group so that nobody else gets taken and people will know her for what she is.
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 3:24 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Yea it's a bummer. I like to trust that humanity isn't all corrupt lol. At least from what I can see most of the other women who participated in the gift swap are really enjoying themselves lol.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:24 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I hate to say it but sounds like she scammed you, sorry:(
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 3:24 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Sorry that happened! That totally wrecked what should have been a really fun event. I would be really disappointed not just in the other person but the whole process.  Have  you reported this to the group admin?  This person should not be allowed to take place in similar future swaps!

bookworm23

Answer by bookworm23 at 3:26 PM on Sep. 3, 2010