Why does it seem like "most" young moms are VERY immature?

I thought being a mom helped you mature just a little bit. Im 20 years old and my SIL is 21, she has 2 kids and is starting drama just about every day!!! I havnt been in drama like this since I was in High School. Is this in just younger moms or do some older moms still really act like this? why?

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 3:25 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I dont think you can assume all young moms are that way. Im 22. married and I have a son and another on the way. My son changed my life for the better. I dont party and try not to associate myself with negative people.Sure I have moments where I act immature but I certaintly would consider myself to be a better mom than most older mothers out there. So I would have to say it depend on who you talk to.
    fashionmommy375

Answer by fashionmommy375 at 3:29 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Some older moms do too, unfortunately. I think where the younger moms are concerned, it just depends on the individual. I was a mom by the time I was 21 and had no interest in drama, I was all about being a good mommy.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 3:27 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I agree, it does seem like most of them are - most, but not all. There are some a few very mature smart young moms out there.

I don't really think parenthood helps a person to mature ... sadly, there are plenty of immature people reproducing. Which leads to many many difficulties for their children.
    Gaccck

Answer by Gaccck at 3:28 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I think it totally depends on the personality of the individual. Have seen older and younger behave this way!

bookworm23

Answer by bookworm23 at 3:28 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Some women are drama whores regardless of age- the feed off of it, thrive off of it, want it, need it, and make it happen... unfortunately, the younger you are, the more likely you are to be judged for it.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 3:34 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• no one ever truely grows up. i had a 80 year old customer say "boys are boys weather they're 8months or 80years" i'm pretty sure women follow suit with that.
    natasha86

Answer by natasha86 at 3:28 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I'm 29. I've seen high school drama occur in my age group!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 3:28 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Both younger and older moms are immature. Some people just don't know how to grow up. I am 21 years old, but I have always been mature for my age. I'm like 21 going on 35. lol. All of the young moms I know like to dump their kids off on other people while they go out and get drunk and party like they're still single with no kids. My DD is 2 years old, but I would feel terrible if I left her with someone just so I could go party and get drunk. I would feel so ashamed of myself. And a lot of older moms still act like they're in high school. Have you ever just sat and read some of the comments that are left on some of these questions? Some people just love drama and they'll always be that way. So I definitely know what you mean.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 3:33 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• It's nothing to do with them being parents. It's to do with them as an individual. They're immature and thrive off of drama, whether for attention or for personal validation.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 3:51 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• older and younger mothers act this way honestly as to why i couldn't tell you lol

cielo1

Answer by cielo1 at 3:27 PM on Sep. 3, 2010