When can you feel your uterus from the outside?

I am 12 weeks four days pregnant and I have heard the uterus moves outside of the pubic bone around 12 weeks. I have been trying to feel mine, but I don't think I feel it. Should I be concerned?

MentorMel

Asked by MentorMel at 3:31 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Its alot lower than you probably realise. Lay on your back and start palpating at your "hairline." Thats about where your pubic bone is. When you find the top of the bone, move your fingers up a bit and push in. You should feel a firm, smooth roundish shape. If you are really tall, it may take another week or two to feel it.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 3:36 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I never heard of that, however I never tried to feel my uterus either, I just like to rub and feel for my baby. which eventually you'll be able to feel the baby. It is super awesome!
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 3:38 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I am 15 weeks and am just now really able to feel it without a doubt of what it is. You can probably feel it at 13 weeks or so though. Just a guess from personal experience.
    SupriseImPregy

Answer by SupriseImPregy at 3:45 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Try again when you reach your 13th or 14th week.
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 4:38 PM on Sep. 3, 2010