Where and how do I find play groups/dates for my son?

He might be too young but he LOVES other babies and kids. He is almost 10 months old. Where do I find a SAFE play group for my son? Are there specific questions I need to ask about it?

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 3:32 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• www.meetup.com Its free to join and you can find a meetup group about anything from photography, to kayaking, to playgroups. You search by subject and zip code. Most groups are free to join but some have membership fees. I've been using this site for a couple of years and found AWESOME playgroups.
    mrspierce06

Answer by mrspierce06 at 4:10 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• gymboree has like little play date things at a seperate store or something, ive never been but i know its not AT the store but it is the same company, you could look into that, they cater it more specifially i think for the younger crowd. or meetup.com is a good site too!
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 3:36 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• What state do you live in? I love the internet because you can find all sorts of sites for Mommies!! Then you find moms in the area, and vi paydates galore! Plus, you can meet at public places until you get to know each other better. Its a shame summer is coming to an end bc I meet most of my mommy friends at the playgrounds around here.
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 3:40 PM on Sep. 3, 2010