How would you feel and is this right?

My husband and I moved to an apartment this spring and had met all the other occupents here. Everyone seemes so nice. My one neighbor that lived right below us is a minister and his family. This is the kind of religion ( baptist) that the women wear skirt/dresses all the time. I have never felt this badly being around anyone before, but they critizied on what i wear, which was jeans, a t-shirt, about the shows that we watch, like NCIS , Grey Anatomy, Desperate housewives because " They are all bad people"" Cops are all bad". My huband was one for 15 years. They teach their kids this. So they were moving, and they asked if we could help them pack up and move. So we did.They are still in town. Not even a thank you. They dissaprove on poeple living together and asked me what i thought about it. She did not like my answer. Because we don't go to their church, They don't talk to us anymore. what do u think?

Airforce3mom

Asked by Airforce3mom at 3:39 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• Well there is nothing that you can do about it. Is it right to use people? No certainly not. I don't think it is necessarily wrong to have ideal of what is right and wrong but I do not think that they have to be made publicly known especially by criticizing you outright, I do not see how that is Christ like at all.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 3:41 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• who cares, some people take their religion to an extreme, case in point, your neighbors. They have their ideas and no one can change that, so just let it go. Do you see them stil? if not dont let it bother you. i had some crazy neighbor across the street growing up who would come out and yell at me b/c of the way i was dressed as a young child! like no umbrella in the rain! hello its called having fun!!!! uhg ppl!
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 3:41 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• People that are extreme like that and feel they need to force their opinions on everyone do more harm than good. fyi, not all baptist people are that way. I know plenty of baptist people that aren't. I used to go to a baptist church and I don't think I ever wore anything other than jeans lol. Some people are extremem
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 3:41 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Well, everyone is entitled to their own opinion but these people sound like douchebags. Don't worry, though, because when you get to heaven, they probably won't be there. Its the ones that pray the loudest that are usually hiding the most...
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 3:43 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• think they are hypicritical assholes personally. I don't like you, I don't approve of you, you and what you do are evil, but will you help ME because I am so holy and important that anyone should help me. WHATEVER! I would have been busy watching NCIS that night! lol... not moving THEM!
    They come from a religion that preches kindness yet they aren't..... ugh!
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 3:43 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• *preaches
    Memigen

• I would say "Thank God they all moved"!! Yippeee....... see yaaaaa..............Don't wanna be ya!!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:49 PM on Sep. 3, 2010