shoplifting

I babysit for my cousin and she also has an older child who is 16 she got caught shoplifting 2 days ago and now she is bannded from the mall for a year and has to go to court....does anyone know what they might do to her this is the first time she has gotten caught...her mom said she has shoplifted before. I asked her mom if the 16 year old was crying and scared and she goes no she is really just shocked she got caught. They have not taking anything away from her she still gets on her facebook still drives around in her car her parents didn't punish her at all...So two questions if this was your child what kinda punishment would you give them...and what do you think they will do at court?? were in Ga if that makes a difference

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:42 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• If this is her first offense she'll probably just get community service or probation type thing... if i were her parent hell that child wouldn't be leaving the house EVER again without me by her side! nor would she be allowed on FB, myspace, ANY computer time unless it was homework and she would be escorted to and from school and her friends would only be allowed to visit with her at MY house under my supervision :P
    IMO there is no excuse for stealing, she is old enough to get a job and buy the things she wants if her parents can't afford them for her!
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 3:45 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• If it were my child they would be in serious trouble. I had a major shoplifting problem when I was young, my mom knew and never did anything. I never got caught tho. My kids would lose everything they have except clothes, food and bed. They would have to earn everything back. I think she may have to pay a fine and be on probation.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 3:48 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Probably let her go with something. Like community service
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:57 AM on Sep. 17, 2010