Shopplifting

I babysit for my cousin and she also has an older child who is 16 she got caught shoplifting 2 days ago and now she is bannded from the mall for a year and has to go to court....does anyone know what they might do to her this is the first time she has gotten caught...her mom said she has shoplifted before. I asked her mom if the 16 year old was crying and scared and she goes no she is really just shocked she got caught. They have not taking anything away from her she still gets on her facebook still drives around in her car her parents didn't punish her at all...So two questions if this was your child what kinda punishment would you give them...and what do you think they will do at court?? were in Ga if that makes a difference

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:42 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• With my sister they ordered her to do a certain amount of community service. And the my Mother made her write notes to the store and the judge and any one who was involved with the case. It is the once and only time that she has ever been in trouble.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 3:47 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I was in 8th grade when I got arrested for shoplifting at the mall. We got handcuffed, and taken to a security room. Then later to the juvenile detention center. We stayed there til our parents picked us up a few hours later. I got grounded from EV.ER.Y.THING at home. Just to school and home. No phone. No nothing. Then I went to court and the judge made us feel like the stupid-asses we were. And he decided to give us 60 or so hours of community service and a lot of fines. Luckily when I turned 18 my record was cleared since I stayed out of trouble. I certainly learned my lesson. I was scared shittless. Never stole a thing after that.
    Aingls

Answer by Aingls at 3:57 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• that sucks my mom got a felony charge for shoplifting with a corset when she was 14 and she hasnt been able to get a good job since. She always told us over and over about shoplifting. I would ground her for life, (or a long long time at least) id take the computer out of the house, no phone, no friends, no tv, and make her write letters to everyone apologizing and really make her think long and hard about doing this kind of crap again.
    gottalovemal

Answer by gottalovemal at 4:05 PM on Sep. 3, 2010