WTF, picture taking question.....

last night was the open house at my sons school, he's in kindergarten. I brought a loaded camera ready to snap a million cute shots but to my horror, it was the only camera there so I nervously stuffed it into my purse and got nothin'. I can understand the older kids Moms not being into it, but kindergarten? No pictures? Why...??? What can I expect on the 1st morning? I hate being the only one but I don't wanna miss cute 1st day pictures

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 3:42 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in

• never feel ashamed to snap photos of your little ones, they only go through these events once in their lives so snap as many photos as you want. if other parents don't take photos its their loss ^_- feel proud to know that you care about your child's life to want to capture every moment. its what makes you a mom.
    Lakoia

Answer by Lakoia at 4:22 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• You should have taken pictures. Who cares what other people think! Its your baby and you want to savor those memories forever. Dont let the actions (or lack there of) stop you next time. =0) I wouldnt.
    SupriseImPregy

Answer by SupriseImPregy at 3:43 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• You should just take as many pics as you want. People will prob be taking pics on the first day of Kindergarten!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:44 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• dont let other people get to you. you are already thinking that they are judging you or thinking negitivly about you, when in all reality, you have no clue what they are thinking. In the end it will be their loss when they dont have pictures, and they may even come to you to see if you have any of their child, and could lead to a potential new friend!
    anikahaynes1

Answer by anikahaynes1 at 3:44 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Why would you care if you are the only one taking pictures? On the first day of school I had a video camera, my phone camera and our regular camera taking pictures. That way I can look back and share those moments again with them when they get older. I can't wait and I don't care who see me doing it.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 3:45 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• who cares!!!! they are for you! not them. dont EVER miss out on a Kodak moment!! I didnt get any pics of my sons Baptism and Im so mad at myself!!!
    Alysia_Moore

Answer by Alysia_Moore at 3:48 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• LOL there have been many occasions in which I was the only one tking pictures. Did I feel self concious about it? Heck no. In fact I have been asked to take pics for others and email them to them. I would write their e-addy on a card or whatever and snap a photo of that and then take whatever pics they wanted. If you dont feel like being an impromptu Photographer you can politely decline.
    SaturnsMom

Answer by SaturnsMom at 3:49 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• haha this was me the first day of my childs school the other day i was the only one with a camera so i hurried and took two or three and put it away lol
    Shannon706

Answer by Shannon706 at 3:46 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• You should have taken the pictures, and definately do so on the first day. Go for it!! So what if no one else does, maybe they want to but are to chicken to take out the camera.....
    browningmom

Answer by browningmom at 3:49 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I have been the only one the last two years to take pictures. At least that I saw. I don't care. I just take pictures and usually what you hear is I wish I would have remembered the camera.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 3:53 PM on Sep. 3, 2010