for those who work(maternity leave)

my son will be two months on the day i go back to work, is that too soon? when did you go back to work

natasha86

Asked by natasha86 at 4:08 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Money & Work

• I went back at 6 weeks with my oldest and 8 weeks with my youngest.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 4:10 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I went back when my little man was 6 weeks. I love my job and it is a clerical position so it wasn't too hard on me. I already knew the people at the daycare from my other children going there for a year so it wasn't bad. :) I'm not saying I didn't call to check in on him every hour though! ;)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 4:11 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I went back when my son was 11 weeks. You'll be a little anxious not matter when you go back, even if it's 3 years later. Having high quality, reliable child care really makes a difference.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 4:17 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• With my first I had 7 months I was very blessed, but it was hard and we struggled. With DS who is now 4 months old I only had 6 weeks with him. It was the hardest thing I ever did, but I had to. I don't think it is to soon, just make sure you have proper child care. Good Luck.
    dolphin1272001

Answer by dolphin1272001 at 4:19 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I went back at 2 months but I was extremely lucky, I was able to take baby to work with me. My Dr. Vet friend had 2 months before her baby went into childcare. It really depends on your area, the employers, and what happens locally. Some areas have longer maternity leaves than others, some employers as well.
    bryncalyn

Answer by bryncalyn at 4:23 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• i work in a bar so i can't take him with
    natasha86

Comment by natasha86 (original poster) at 4:24 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I went back at six weeks but my friend went back at 6months. Personal preference and schedules. Your job will be difficult, find a good baby sitter.
    browningmom

Answer by browningmom at 4:30 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• "Too soon" is between you and your doc, on a physical level. I went back at ten weeks because I had the available time. If you don't have it, you don't.

Answer by gdiamante at 4:53 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I went back at 8 weeks.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 5:35 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• For my first I went back after 3 months. For my second I went back at 7 weeks but my dh was home during the day with the baby.
    science_spot

Answer by science_spot at 2:07 PM on Sep. 4, 2010