Help how do I get my girls to sleep through the night they are 9 mos. Hubby is deploying soon!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:29 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sorry each child is different on this. My first she as 2 months old and would sleep through the night. My youngest was not till she was 2 yrs old.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 4:37 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• When my son reached a certain age, I would let him cry and get himself back to sleep. I felt horrible because he was crying and I wanted nothing more than to go pick him up and get him back to sleep. It only took a few nights though, maybe a week, and he started getting himself back to sleep.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 4:43 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Not to discourage you but I have four children (21,19,12 and 7) and they still wake up at different times during the night. I have learned to not turn on the lights, limit conversation, and when they were little rub there backs until they went back to sleep. My 21 year old is in college and the fact she doesn't sleep all night has helped her work a night job while going to school.... Sorry!
    kamore

Answer by kamore at 4:43 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Answers will vary on this one but it helps to get other peoples opinion. My son will be 1 in 2 weeks and he started to sleep through the night at 91/2 months. I tried the ignore method that was mentioned above but he would cry for 10-15 mins nonstop and it isnt good for them to cry that long. So I got up made a bottle as soon as he was done he went back to sleep. So it may be that your girls are still needing that nighttime feeding. Every baby is different as well as their nutirtional are needs are different.
    JenniferQ24

Answer by JenniferQ24 at 4:49 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Check out "The No Cry Sleep Solution" by Elizabeth Pantley. But if they are sleeping five hours a night, they ARE sleeping through.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:15 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Keep in mind that every child is different but sleeping through the night for a child is 5-6 hours. Most babies don't learn how to self soothe themselves until 1
    MsHouseWife

Answer by MsHouseWife at 5:27 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• No offense but your babies don't care about your schedule or your hubby's deployment. They need what they need, and you have the obligation to provide it. If you can get 5-6 hours of sleep, that's great. But not all babies do that and to expect otherwise is not really fair to the babies.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 5:34 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• For all of human history and still in most parts of the world women breastfeed and sleep with their children. It's normal for children to wake until they are 3 years or older. It's important to nurse at night and if the baby wakes and mom is not near they cry because they may be in danger. This is hard wired in human infant's brains. We don't know the long term consequences of artificial feeding and making babies sleep alone.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:44 PM on Sep. 3, 2010