• In the Spotlight:

How to live alone with your family?!

I have been with my boyfriend for 2 1/2 years and since the first month we have ALWAYS had someone living/staying with us. We've had roommates, and when we didn't have roommates we had friends staying with us. It's ridiculous, I know, but we can't say no to our friends or family. So We moved to Oregon with my so's brother and his brother's friend and told them they can stay with us for a couple month while they get jobs and find a place to live. They both got dumb jobs collecting emails for a buck a piece, which they haven't worked for 2 weeks and haven't gotten a paycheck yet.. Anywho..my boyfriend, dd, and me are moving in a couple weeks into our OWN apt. And as much as we've given them warning and told them they need to make plans it's been 2 months and they haven't done anything. Is it mean to just say "Sorry find your own place"? and leave them on the street?!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:36 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• If they won't take responsibility for themselves then its not you leaving them on the street... its their choice to be on the street.
    They are grown ups and need to act like it.
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 4:38 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Nope, sounds like they knew the deal from the beginning. They are adults and are ultimatly responsible for themselves.
    van5

Answer by van5 at 4:38 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I would let them know that time is running out and they had better find a place fast, because when moving day comes EVERYONE will have to be out of the apartment. I would also add "and NO you are NOT moving into our new place with us!"
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:43 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Let them figure it out on their own. Maybe they have plans and are just hushed up about them?
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 4:43 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• You cannot hold their hands forever. So not its not mean, and they knew it was coming
    browningmom

Answer by browningmom at 4:43 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Not mean at all. If they choose to not work they are choosing to be out on the street.
    momtolucas2002

Answer by momtolucas2002 at 4:50 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Oh hell no. I wouldn't just tell them...I'd move and not tell them where I went. I HATE freeloaders. You guys need your own place. I HATED having roommates, especially roomies who didn't have kids.
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 5:04 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• hey they knew. taht shouldn't stop you from moving.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 5:42 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• no it's not mean.. you gave them notice.. that's all they need.. you'll be gone anyways.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 6:02 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• hmm gl with this
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:30 AM on Sep. 4, 2010