What to pack for the hospital?

I havent packed anything and I never even thought about packing our bags until 2 weeks before.
Am I behind?
What should I pack for me?
What should I pack for baby?
This is my 2nd but for some reason I am procrastinating and completely going blank on what to bring. Please Help!!

Seterah1010

Asked by Seterah1010 at 4:36 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• think of the hotel aspect of the whole thing. comfy clothes, pj's, batteries and camera stuff. cards, pop, juice, your favorite dry snacks/gum/candies. I brought a water bottle to spritz myself and lots of lotion

carseat and instructions. Cute going home outfit for baby and nice outfit for the hospital portraits.... brush in case it's born w/ hair!
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:39 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Change of clothes- one for you, one for baby, one for daddy(if he's there)
    toothbrush etc
    camera
    list of people to call(DH would forget if I left it up to him lol)
    something to do if by some random chance you actually have time on your hands lol- book to read, puzzles to do, etc
    music to listen to if you want it
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 4:41 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• My husband was just reminding me the other day that I need to pack my go bag, I think he's a little bit jumping the gun though since I'm not due until the beginning of november lol. I feel even 2 weeks before half of the stuff I'll need to pack I'll still be using. I just plan on bringing maternity clothes to go home in so I don't have to get disappointed that my other clothes don't fit lol, but I certainly don't have enough to pack an outfit or two away lol
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 4:41 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• and the hospital-ish stuff..... insurance cards. cash, no credit cards. birth plan. pediatrician info, etc. Have the babies name perfected for the birth cert. ... and a nice big soft bra/breast pads and your favorite menstrual pads.

When we had baby #2 my husband brought big empty bags. Trash bags for my dirty clothes/things and extra storage to steal diapers and whatever isn't bolted down in the room

good luck :)
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:41 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Camera!!
    Comfortable clothes for you to come home in
    tooth brush and tooth paste
    soap
    pillow
    clothes for baby to come home in
    hair brush
    i took make up
    WHATEVER YOU DO, DONT FORGET SNACKS FOR HUBBY!!!! I did and..... ooohhh.... lol
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 4:42 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I would pack a disposable camera, robe, slippers, nightgown, comfy out fit, toothbrush, makeup, brush, chap stick, gum, a list of things to remember that can't be packed right away like cell phone and charger, small bills for parking and snack machines, baby outfit for picture, baby blanket.
    heidiandleesmom

Answer by heidiandleesmom at 4:53 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Tooth and hair brush, tooth paste, a small thing of soap and shampoo, deodorant, menstrual pads, comfortable socks and clothes for after you deliver. Your health insurance information, baby book in case you want your babies foot prints put right in it, a camera or camcorder, cell phone charger, a list of friends and family with contact information, a coming home outfit for the baby as well as a blanket. Good luck, I hope you have a safe delivery and that you and your baby are happy and healthy.
    Codysmom2106

Answer by Codysmom2106 at 8:07 AM on Sep. 4, 2010