Does the amount of sex a couple has affect the quality of the relationship? adult content

I'm simply curious about this. There are always questions about how often people have relations with their SO, so I am wondering if those couples that have more sex have happier relationships?

If you have an active sex life, do you think that makes your relationship stronger and happier? If you do not have an active sex life, do you think that makes your relationship less satisfying?

I do believe that relationships are much more than sex, I'm just curious if there is any correlation. I'd love to know your thoughts/opinions and stories.

MeandMyBabes

Asked by MeandMyBabes at 4:39 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• I agree that sex isn't everything but it is very important to nurturing intimate bonds.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 4:41 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I feel that as long as I am getting the amount that I want and my DH is getting the amount that he wants we are both MUCH happier. And its not just the sexual act either, we flirt with each other, and just touch sometimes. We are happier than most because of it I think.
    browningmom

Answer by browningmom at 4:42 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I always wonder when people have to brag about the amount of sex they are having...or telling or posting when they are going off to do the do...I wonder what is up with that...are they so happy it over flows them and they can't contain themselves or something else?
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 4:43 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I have been married for 12 years. There have been times when we don't have sex very often, and neither of us were very happy. And times when we have a lot of sex an have been happier.

It isn't so much the act of sex, it is the trying to please your partner and making them feel like they are still attractive and wanted. You can do that without sex too, but with sex it is so much more fun.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:43 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• The release of endorphins (I think that's what it is?) in your brain makes you happy for the moment and for short bit after sex. The truth to the matter is yes it does create a healthy relationship... but sex alone will never get a couple into their old age together. I highly doubt any couple that has been together for 65 years and where they are in their 80's+ has sex all the time! lol

I think being able to love one another for other things is what matters. My bf and I haven't had sex in a few weeks and we are still cuddling, loving, etc. Sex just isn't always a possibility! lol
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 4:44 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Sex does help a couple get closer together and bond. But it is also very important to have a good friendship, communicate and get along.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 4:45 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• my husband and i didn't have sex most of my pregnancy and that didn't make it any worse. what made it bad wasn't sex or no sex, it was always putting what you want before the others needs and closing our selves off from each other. for most of our unhappy part of our marriage we were having sex at least twice a week. now during are more happy time we have sex maybe every two weeks.
    happy-go-lucky

Answer by happy-go-lucky at 4:46 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Not at all... The less sex we have, the more we talk, the closer we get... Before we had kids, we rarely had a conversation, it was all sex... Our relationship is much tighter without the sex.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:46 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I think it probably depends on the people involved. One thing I know for sure is that unless there's a lot of other stuff going on in the marriage in the way of intimacy, the physical is not going to be near as meaningful. I've been married for more than 45 years, and over the course of our marriage, there have been many issues that we have had to deal with. The physical part of our marriage has never been one of the problem areas. I think that way too many marriages today are based on the physical, and whenever there is any variation or departure from what is considered to be the "norm", the assumption is that there is a problem. And there may be a problem, but it is most likely not anything to do with sex. Emotional intimacy is very, very important to most women, and if a man doesn't realize that, then there are going to be problems somewhere along the way. It really takes both emotional and physical intimacy!!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:47 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• We have sex daily and are very happy.lol When I was pregnant we were not able to have sex while I was on bed rest. My husband and I were just fine. We knew the lack of sex was from my pregnancy and not because we were disconnected.  We still had intimacy just no sex.    I think a lack of intimacy and sex due to a disconnect in the marriage is not good and the couple should seek help so they can get their marriage back in balance.

momtolucas2002

Answer by momtolucas2002 at 4:47 PM on Sep. 3, 2010