How to get dh to watch my girls for the night?

My dh works about 60+ hours a week. I have a girl's night tomorrow & I want him to watch the girls so I can go out & have fun! I have not been without my girls for months upon months. I just want a 2 or 3 hour break.

Heidimagidi

Asked by Heidimagidi at 8:16 PM on Oct. 12, 2008 in General Parenting

• sex works well
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 8:22 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Maybe if you feel guilty for leaving the kids after he works so much, you could leave the kids with a babysitter, so he could get some quality rest too? Then everyone wins. Have a responsible adult take the kids to a cheap pizza place, or even McDonald's. They'll play, wear themselves out before bed, hubby gets some alone time, and you get your girls' night out! Everyone wins!
    ChefMom94

Answer by ChefMom94 at 8:26 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• you say "Honey, I'm going out, you have the girls"

you shouldn't have to bribe or talk your husband into watching his own children.
    Anonymous

• yes, what the last poster said. they are his kids too.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 9:10 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Tell him you want to go out for a few hours with your friends and you deserve a break. It doesn't matter if he works long hours, so do you and if he complains guilt works really well.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 9:38 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I always try to make my outings close to the kids bedtimes or right after. That way, he at the most just has to put them in bed. Then he's free to do whatever. You work hard too, don't feel so guilty.
    momma_2_three

Answer by momma_2_three at 11:44 PM on Oct. 12, 2008