Getting red itchy bites?

I don't know if we have bed bugs or fleas or something IDK my roommates complained about bug bites and finally I started getting bit up overnight and they are little red itchy bumps. and I can't see anything in our sheets and washing doesn't help. Our dd is in a crib and hasn't gotten any bites and the rest of us sleep on the floor or mattresses on the floor. They are eating away my boobs and neck help me!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:46 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Health

• These are bed bug bites.... Do they look like this?
    bedbug bites on arm Pictures, Images and Photos
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:48 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Sound like bed bugs especially if you are getting bitten only at night.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 4:48 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Yes, sleeping beauty that's bed bugs bite alright.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 4:50 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Lift up the sheets and look at the mattress, not the sheets.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 4:57 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• They don't look like that though. They are very little and all the pictures of bed bugs I looked at didn't look like what we have. They are just tiny little red dots.. not saying it couldn't be bed bugs, I'm just wondering if there is anything else out there that it could be before I decide on bed bugs.
    dbodani

Answer by dbodani at 5:00 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Yup, thats bed bugs, tiny red dots!! Eek! I've never had them so I don't know the best treatment. We had fleas once and used Adams products for that. The fleas never really bothered us, just the dog and the cat.
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 5:06 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Sounds likes...

Scabies is a contagious skin disease caused by a species of mite that is very small.

Symptoms
    Itching, especially at night
    Rashes
    Sores (abrasions) on the skin from scratching and digging
    Thin, pencil-mark lines on the skin

You need to see a doctor to fix this. You get it by being around other people that have it.
    whoreallycares

Answer by whoreallycares at 3:32 AM on Sep. 10, 2010