Potty Training Trivia.

Ok moms. Im new at this. I have a 13 mo old. And Im trying to prepare myself. When is a good age to begin potty training and how do I go about even doing it? LOL. Ohhh and hes a boy.

Nikky0803PAG

Asked by Nikky0803PAG at 4:51 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• boys are generally a little later.....

a good starting time is when he tells you he's wet/dirty and also brings you clean diapers/wipes wanting to be cleaned/changed

get a potty now, though, put it with his toys to get him used to it, in love with it, etc

good luck!!!
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:53 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I honeslty would say whenever you feel comfortable with it. I have girls though. My first I started at 12 months, but with it turning into nicer weather I gave up until it got cold again which she was 18 months then she was fully trained by 19 monthsold. My youngest I started at 13 months and she was just about fully potty trained at 15 months old, but she got real sick she cought rotavirus so we had to stop for a while cause she had diareeha for 2 or 3 weeks we started potty training again at about 18 maybe 19 months old and she was fully trained by 23 months
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 5:07 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• oh you just have to be consistant with it
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 5:08 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• After having potty trained three girls i did not realize that boys do things at their own pace. He was about 2 1/2 and his sisters were laughing because he smelled bad... he was potty trained in two days. Never was even interested before and has not had an accident! They love him dearly but together they can get him to do about anything!
    kamore

Answer by kamore at 5:11 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Put a potty in the bathroom, and every time you go, have him go with you. He doesn't have to go, but have him sit on the potty. I think that 13 months is pretty young, I would say 18 months. My son is 2 1/2 and was potty trained throughout the day at 2

NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 5:17 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Well I tried to potty train my oldest when he was 12 months then read you shouldnt if there is going to be chage in their lives such as a move or anew baby in the family and i had both stopped training him and he fought me for the lovngest time when i tried to potty train him again i started on theis mpast monday he fought me again but i found if i put the potty on a chair sat next to him and watch the cartoon poddy training video on you tube til he went worked cause 2 days later he started to say i have to go or pee pee and he would run to his potty and now its saturday and i can say he is completely potty trained!
    Jessica W.

Answer by Jessica W. at 11:05 PM on Sep. 4, 2010