have you ever got a message that said deleted and it was cafemom team deleting it? What does that mean?

I didn't read whatever message it was yet and I get on and in the subject line it said deleted and then I opened it and it said that this message has been deleted cause it was an inapproperate message. Why would they delete it without me reading it and what would be bad about the message? Has this ever happened to you?

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 4:55 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in About CafeMom

• I got a message from another member, but when I opened it, it was deleted. I contacted CM, and they said they deleted it because of the content. IDK what it was.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 5:01 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Yeah. Just means it was against CM's TOS.. Might have got out of hand too..
    PoisonousBlonde

Answer by PoisonousBlonde at 4:58 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• they might have sent something about a post and then deleted it because they made a mistake? I'm not sure, never had it happen. I'm sure its no biggie though.
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 4:56 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• It means that someone didn't like what was written and reported it and so cafe mom reveiwed it and didn'tlike it either so they deleted the message. It happens all the time
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 4:57 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I hate that! I would much rather read Spam than have them delete it and not give me the chance! Drives me nuts!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:57 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I got that today too. I got the email to "be a pregnancy guru! less than 5 answers to go". But when I click the message on here, I got the message you received too. Hmmm??? Must be an error on CM.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 4:58 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

Ya maybe I got something saying to answer I forget how many relationship questions and get a 101 relationship award whatever that means? lol
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 5:00 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Yes I have twice. Once for spam that someone sent me. I guess that it was reported by someone. So they deleted it before I could even read it. No I didn't report them. The other time was when I got an email on here from a creepy guy or creepy girl. They deleted it because someone reported it. Not me. I just let it pass. It was sent out to a bunch of people. I went to check their page and the were no longer a member of cafemom. So I'm guessing that they creeped out the wrong person.lol!

elly25

Answer by elly25 at 5:00 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I would imagine it is much easier to delete all the messages sent out by creeps or spammers, rather than get thousands of reports from cm members! :D I got it today too - haven't had one in a very long time.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 5:05 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I had that happen to me one time. The sender was actually one of people who answered this post. When I opened it, there was a note from the CM team saying the message was deleted because it was unsolicited SPAM and I was to disregard it. This was actually the second time I tried looking at the message (when I was going to respond to it the next day). I had originally opened it up as soon as it came through and it had been about a business offer I had not interest in. But how CM knew it was unsolicited was beyond me.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 5:17 PM on Sep. 3, 2010