what should be the punishment for parking your car in the loading zone at a school during pick up time?

everyday this week i have gotten stuck behind someone (3 differnt people) who gets into the pick up zone, turns off and locks thier car and walks into the school to get their kid. the school sends home papers saying not to do that. the people all get talked to by teachers or the principal and they still do it. when they do that nobody who is behind them can move forward to get their kids. sometimes i can't get out after i have my kids. it has been adding at least 5 minutes everyday to the time it takes me to pick up my kids. they should have a horrible thing happen to them for this. any suggestions? (just for fun)

happy-go-lucky

Asked by happy-go-lucky at 4:57 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Tow it !!!!
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 4:58 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Thats why there are parking spaces in front of the school... Yes I know you may have to walk a couple of more step but really!!!! one of my biggest pet peeves.
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 4:59 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I think if people got fined for doing it, they probably would think twice before doing it again.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 5:02 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Big sign: no parking, stopping or standing, tow away zone, and then have a tow truck hang out on site for a few weeks, with the policy once it's hooked, they have to pay. They'll learn.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:04 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• They should get a ticket, be fined and towed. My biggest issue during the school year is stupid parents who do not obey traffic laws, do not follow directions or are just inconsiderate. It is so bad at my kids high school, that I make them walk a block away for me to pick them up... I won't go near that nightmare... just picture it: 1400 kids and no buses....mix new teen drivers with stupid parents and people who don't know what 20MPH school zones are and the whole No Turn On Red during School Hours.... flippin crazy...
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 5:10 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• They should have to chaperon on the next three field trips, no matter whose class it is. Or they should have to volunteer in their kid's class for ten hours for each time they break the rules. Kind of like detention for parents...
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 5:11 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• 1000.00 fine would be really good... Muhahahaha. I hate it too
    browningmom

Answer by browningmom at 5:12 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• lunch lady duty on sloppy joe day wearing thier favorite white clothes!
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 5:13 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• our school had that problem, so they actualy got someone to come and give fines to people..i never have that problem cuz i walk..but A LOT of people were pissed off that day! LOL
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 5:20 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• My sons school works with a tow company owned by a parent at the school and there are trucks on site during drop off and pick up.  They have towed 30 cars this week.  Parents had ample warning and were given warning tickets that next time they would be towed some didn't care and came out to find their car gone. 

momtolucas2002

Answer by momtolucas2002 at 5:29 PM on Sep. 3, 2010