Which variety of tomatoes do you enjoy most?

I used to love buying the beefsteak tomatoes at the supermarket. However, when the prices went through the roof, I switched to the Roma tomatoes. They are meater and just as great tasting and cheaper.

CafeMochaMom1

Asked by CafeMochaMom1 at 5:01 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Food & Drink

• The best tomatoes are the ones we grown ourselves. They are called Better Boys. There is nothing that compares to the taste of them. Ours haven't done well this summer, so we have bought tomatoes at the Farmers Market, but even they are not as good. In the off season, I buy the Romas because they have the better taste except for the cherry tomatoes, which can be pretty pricey in the wintertime.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 5:03 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Yellow pear tomatoes from my garden.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 5:03 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I grow my own - and boy are they coming in right now! I'll be spending some time tomorrow canning again!

I like all varieties, and have several planted. The early girl and the best boy are good, so are the beefsteak and the roma.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 5:03 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• The ones I grew from my box garden. My husband bought an upsy downsy from Wal Mart but we did not transfer the plants after we started the seeds. Two different types grew from the seeds it provided. We have huge one that look like beefsteaks and ones that look like the tomatoes on the vine you buy in the store. They are both so much more flavorful than the ones in the store. They finally started to turn over the past few weeks.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 5:27 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Roma and grape. Mmmm. I slice up roma for salads and eat grape tomatoes with ranch as a snack.
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 5:02 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• The Beefsteak tomatoes that I grow in my garden.

I had some Cherokee Purple Hairloom tomatoes growing. I had a sprout coming up and my daughter dug it up. She was "helping" maw maw pull weeds. I almost wanted to cry.

elly25

Answer by elly25 at 5:08 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Red home grown ones.then you take a bite and then put sugar on every bite afterwards.YYYyyyyyyyuuuuuuummmmmmmeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    bvannkissy

Answer by bvannkissy at 5:12 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• romas, I like to broil them with some olive oil, S&P then at the end add a little parmesean.
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 5:12 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I like them all, but usually buy romas. They are the best all-purpose tomato in my opinion. I am hoping next year we can grow our own!!
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 5:22 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Heirloom tomatoes, they're soooo good!
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 5:33 PM on Sep. 3, 2010