work from home, really?

does ne1 out there know if there is a real and good and well low cost if any work at home program? i am about to b a newly single mother and i know ill have to move back in w/ my parents but i dont wanna have to stay there for very long, ive already found a really cheap and nice apartment that is right down the road from my mom and dad, but i just dont have a job. and i cant get the housing office to answer the phone.thanx.

mamasmurf171

Asked by mamasmurf171 at 5:28 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Money & Work

• So sorry to hear about your situation. There are lots of things you can do from home. I have a home business because I wanted to have complete CONTROL over what I do and when I do it. Our company has an A rating with the BBB and even has a program partnered with the FBI. We offer Daily Pay, Benefits and residual income as well as retail discounts. CLICK HERE if you'd like to check it out :-)

Good luck and keep your head up!!

ChristinaAtHome

Answer by ChristinaAtHome at 5:31 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• thank u so much
    mamasmurf171

Comment by mamasmurf171 (original poster) at 5:33 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• You're welcome :-)
    Make sure whatever compay that you look into provides a service or product, can give you an address not a P.O. Box, and look into their credentials.
    ChristinaAtHome

Answer by ChristinaAtHome at 5:36 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• many companies offer wah positions but usually only if you've been working there for a while. dont trust "stuff envelopes and make $1,000 weekly", don't trust pyramid schemes (prepare to see some links to those types of wah jobs) where the person "giving you info" gets paid for refering you, and if you join (which might require a monthly membership) , you get paid for refering others.... some reliable wah jobs: if you are crafty sell your stuff on etsy.com. if you have collectibles sell on ebay.....
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 5:44 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I worked at convergys as a csr (on site) a while back, which handles directv billing. Now they offer wah positions. Same basic job duties, just done at home. You have to pay for their computer software, but you get paid hourly, get benefits, overtime pay, etc. The problem with being a csr from home for any company, is you cant get up in the middle of a call to change a diaper or give your toddler some juice lol. But if you have an office downstairs, choose the night shift and SO or DH is there to help with the kids, thats a good job for to consider
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 5:49 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Sure!  I just listed about three new opportunties in my Blog:  Mavi's Home Work

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:00 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Your best bet at working from home is a direct sales/home party business, There are many reputable companies out there to choose from with low startup costs. When deciding on one, ask these questions: What are the sales requirements; What is commission; Is the product consumable; Are the products made in the USA; what training is available;

motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 7:35 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I'd love to work from home but everything I hear about involves selling things.
    L.A.F.outloud

Answer by L.A.F.outloud at 7:40 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• You've gotten some decent answers here so I don't have too much to add. Working at home is not easy in any context due to all the distractions you could have unless you're a very self-motivated, self-disciplined person. If you've got small children, odds are getting a work at home customer service job is slim and none because most require you to have a quiet, distraction free work space, which isn't very possible with kids around. It's a different story if yours is/are in school for hours during the day.

Before joining any company or applying for any jobs, do your research. I'd highly suggest you take a look at www.workathomenoscams.com and look around. There are huge lists of companies that hire work at home positions, mystery shopping gigs, writing, and tons more.

Good luck!
    atowers

Answer by atowers at 8:38 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I work from home as a Rep with Juice Plus. The company has been around for years and the products allow you to help other people while you are helping yourself make money. I am able to work around my kids schedule and I feel like I doing something to make peoples lives better. Let me know if you would like more info. I'd be happy to help you. $50 gets you up and running.
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 10:17 PM on Sep. 3, 2010