I THOUGHT I was in MENOPAUSE!!!!!

So did my doctor!My period was spotting and being irregular and then it stopped,so I thought.Then today I'm having heavy bleeding!!I'm so relieved I'm not in menopause--I don't want hot flashes and all the other symptoms,oh what are the other symptoms?Has your period done this to you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:30 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Your period goes through many changes before menopause hits. ask the doctor if your period stop for 12 straight months does it means menopause. read about menopause. that's another for you to get information to.
    DoughGirl1985

Answer by DoughGirl1985 at 5:37 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• My mom thought she was going through menopause too when she was 40. Her cycle stopped and she was having hot flashes and dizzy spells but when she went to the dr he gave her the joyous news!!! Your having a baby, AT 40!!!! lol
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 5:33 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• nope, mine were always heavy. I had the Novasure done and I have no more periods and I;m not in menopause Perfect!
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 5:34 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Haha sweetpea, my husband's mom went through the same thing, she had him when she was 42! He's 26, his older brother is 42 and his older sister is 44; then his mom and dad split up, and his dad went on to have two daughters who are now 16 and 12!
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 5:35 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• How old are you?

I began Perimenopause at age 40.. Still in it's throws at 47.. LOL

Actual "menopause" does not happen until you have been 1 full year without a period. This usually happens between 50-55 for most women.

Perimenopause is all the fun you get to go through before that happens..lol.. The : hot flashes, night sweats, soar boobs, food cravings, changes in bladder, skin changes.. The list of "symptoms" that my doc gave me, is over 30 symptoms that woman can have during perimenopause.

Your doctor should know and be able to tell you the differences between menopause and perimenopause, There are hormone checks that can be done to double check for perimenopause. The problem is, if you are in perimenopause, your hormones will be in flux pretty much all the time. So the test really isn't that accurate, it has to be done several times. Most doctors look at symptoms, age, health..ect. To determine perimenopause
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 5:42 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I am 42 and went into pre-mature menopause when i was 37. It was official: they took regular hormone levels, CAT Scanned my pituitary gland. Definitely menopause. Soon came all the symptoms.....then May of 2009 (my 41st birthday) the flood gates opened!!!! i have never bled so heavily EVER in my life! (my tubes are tied too, so i knew i wasn't miscarrying)

a couple weeks ago, i asked a nurse friend of mine what THAT was all about.
    She said that was your body reminding you you're a woman.

Cheryl
    Supe68

Answer by Supe68 at 6:05 PM on Sep. 3, 2010