i know its like 40 days away lol

sorry i count down days . but i am tring to plan something for a thanksgiving for two . our families arent gonna come to us for thanksgiving and well i cant fly during this pregnancy . any ideas on how to do a small thanksgiving . i ask only cause im use to like serving an army lol family get togethers of 50 plus .

iloveyall2008

Asked by iloveyall2008 at 8:22 PM on Oct. 12, 2008 in Food & Drink

• you can ALWAYS celebrate my birthday!! :) ha its on thanksgiving this year :) is it really only 40 days away??? im so excited!! especially to eat LOL OMG how pathetic haha
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 8:23 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• lol thats awesome ... trey sbirthday is tuesday lol he is so upset he is gonna be 25 lol i teaase him alot lol cause when he was graduated i was in 9th grade lol
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 8:24 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• ha! thats hillarious :) illonly be 20 lol but im excited idk why.. i dont even know what i want my bf always asks me. i thin im more occupied on my baby than what i want for myself you know?? but i can only think of like.. a massage and a hair cut lol...
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 8:25 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• lol .. i need a hair cut bad lol slpit ends so horrible ... my bday is i swear forever away its jan 29th
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 8:29 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Hmm...instead of buying a huge turkey you could get one of the oven-roasted chickens that most grocery stores sell? And make just a few traditional sides and cut the huge portions in half =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:35 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• but then again, its really good to have thanksgiving left overs!! lol
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 8:38 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• i was thinking that but wawsnt to sure lol this is gonna be so hard lol i dont think i have ever cooked small lol
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 8:38 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Check out foodnetwork.com for Rachel Ray's 60 minute thanksgiving dinner. She did it a few years ago, so you have to search the site. I believe her's feeds 6-8, so you can cut it in half, but the food is super simple, but delicious!
    chillemi78

Answer by chillemi78 at 9:34 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• You know, you guys could always go out to eat instead of cooking at home. B&Bs have great holiday meals planned as do many restraunts, hotels, etc. That way you would enjoy a wonderful meal without exhausting yourself in the process.
    rcbrown

Answer by rcbrown at 1:26 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• If you both like white meat, consider getting a turkey breast. It will still look like a Thanksgiving meal, and there will still be leftovers, just not enough to feed an army :) When we were in Alaska, and it was just my husband, his brother and I one year, we volunteered at the Salvation Army dinner, and ate with the other people there. A couple times it was my husband and my daughter and I. I made a turkey breast, with dressing, potatoes, veggies, and of course, cranberry sauce, and my husband made a pie. It was cozy and sweet, and the best part was, there wasn't a houseload of dishes to do later!
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 4:57 AM on Oct. 13, 2008