Why do you stay married?

What do you stay for? Do you really love him or is he just comforting or is it just easier then getting divorced.

Moms_Angels1960

Asked by Moms_Angels1960 at 5:41 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Relationships

• Love...

I would not be married, much less stay married for any other reason.

It's been love that has kept us married for 25 years now.

I do not need my husband, I don't need him to take care of me ..financially or any other means... I'm with my husband because I want to be. Not because I need to be.
    pixie_trix

Answer by pixie_trix at 5:46 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I stay because I care about my spouse a great deal.
    gnovinger

Answer by gnovinger at 5:43 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Pretty much who I wanna be with, simple as that
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 5:43 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• i dont want to be with anyone else, iv never been happier
    ashleywilkerson

Answer by ashleywilkerson at 5:44 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• its love. i can't even sleep right without him there. he's my best friend and i dont even know how i would handle things with him. i can do things but i dont want to.

i want him, i need him, oh baby oh baby...lol
    candle5

Answer by candle5 at 5:46 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• well divorce is financially not an option for us. that helps us solve our problems quickly, lol. we cannot be apart so we make it work together. date nights help, too
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:43 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• i married him so that i would be with the one i love forever. so why would i leave? we are a loving family and cherish our family. if we have troubles we will work them out. i never came in thinking that if it doesn't work out i can just leave. i'm married cause i wanted that unity of marriage and all that it stands for. which so many people don't know what it is for or about. thats truly sad.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 5:45 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I stay married because I honestly love my DH and I know he honestly loves me. . . yes there is a comfort thing too. . . And we are best friends. I am not saying it is always perfect but over all I know what I got and I know it is a good thing. I trust my heart fully and know I am to be with him.
    Kirs

Answer by Kirs at 5:47 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I got married right after high school because I was pregnant......... Who know that 19 years later we would still be married?? We are more in love today then back in 1991!!!
    pixidst73

Answer by pixidst73 at 5:52 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Because God's intention was for us to learn from each other, to grow in love, to avoid loneliness, intimacy, to multiply our effectiveness, family. We all marry another imperfect person which means our marriages are imperfect. Love is the Greatest of marriage, but if God is not first in your marriage than it may not survive. Divorce should not be an option if you are both faithful and not abusive. No one said it was going to be easy, but you don't knows unless you experience it yourself.
    Saprena

Answer by Saprena at 6:23 PM on Sep. 3, 2010