circumcision

First - Please don't argue or name bash!
Second - Will you guys be circumcising your sons? Why or why not?

SusieQue717

Asked by SusieQue717 at 5:45 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• we did not. why mess with something that isn't broken?
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 5:46 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I did. I left it up to my husband to circ or not. It didnt matter to me. My husband is NOT circumcised and chose to have our son circumcised. He says he doesnt like that he isnt circumcised, its always made him feel different and embarassed. I left the decision totally up to him.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 5:47 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I'm doing research, and I've read some very interesting things, was your decision made on facts, research, or just gut instinct?
    SusieQue717

Comment by SusieQue717 (original poster) at 5:47 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• yes one it's for cleanliness and the other is when they are in school they honestly won't get made fun of. i remember boys coming out of the locker room making fun of those who were not circumcised and i didn't want my boys to go through that. it's hard enough being a kid
    natasha86

Answer by natasha86 at 5:50 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I didn't.... Even though I grew up in Europe, and it's not commonly done there, my SO was actuallyin complete agreement with me. He's circumcized, btw. But I really didn't see the point in doing it. It's not necessary, I see it as nothing more than cosmetic surgery, and it makes them less sensitive (something he'll appreciate when he's ready to have sex, heh).
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 5:50 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• By the way, when it comes to "being made fun of"... The statistics are changing. Right now, it's pretty much 50/50. So by the time our children have to worry about locker rooms and such, it is not going to be an issue.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 5:51 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Read my journal. It has my opinion there in a recent post. For the record, I don't have a son. If I did, he wouldn't be circ'd.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 5:54 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• My decision at the VERY first was made on motherly gut instinct. I just knew it wasnt right. So I am wanted to find out WHY I felt this way. So I researched until I was blue in the face. And trust me I gave the other side PLENTY of research as well.

I just wanted to do what was right for my son!!! Many MANY of the arguments put forth by cir'c supporters are just plain sillly....."they wont get made fun of" Well, heck...so let me get this strait....circ'ed boys NEVER GET MADE FUN OF WOW!!!! I didnt know that....

Sorry the sarcasm pours from me on this topic.

Most of the world is intact. America is the only country that does it routinely. But our numbers are rising every year as more women research and it becomes more widespread. People realize its not so horrible to be the way that GOD intended.

PLEASE research it thoroughly so you will know all your facts :) Good Luck :)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 5:54 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• ok, it's common in the US and I imagine if they are going to get made fun of, it'll be there, I'm in Nicaragua, I shouldn't consider that then... here, it's wierd to be circumsised, and as far as cleanliness, you just have to pull back the skin I thought... what about pain to the baby... does it seem to hurt A LOT to those of you who have done it? Sorry if I'm asking ALOT of questions, I'm just trying to understand by real parents, not Doctors...
    SusieQue717

Comment by SusieQue717 (original poster) at 5:55 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• None of my boys are. I like the way happytobmom25 put it, why fix something that's not broken? My SO isn't and was never teased in high school. I guess the guys in his school weren't too interested in staring at his penis! And like Anouck said, more boys these days aren't being circ'd so it will probably be even soon. As far as cleanliness...well as long as they wash properly, they should be ok!
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 5:55 PM on Sep. 3, 2010