Does it bother anyone else that WOMEN refer to it as 'Labor and Delivery'?

You aren't "delivering" anything, and you don't need assistance doing so- You're BIRTHING a child, and YOU are the only person in control of what is happening at that point.

ObbyDobbie

Asked by ObbyDobbie at 5:46 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No, doesn't bother me at all.
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 5:47 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• nope, doesn't bother me either. Part of the way things are done.
    gnovinger

Answer by gnovinger at 5:47 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Honestly, I have better things to worry about than what they call it. And I really don't think it's all that misnamed, either. You LABOR to get the baby out, and you DELIVER a baby to the world. What's the big deal?
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 5:47 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I've never thought about it...it doesn't bother me. And you're delivering a child into the world. Its just semantics at that point.
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 5:47 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Nope, doesn't bother me!
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 5:48 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Nope, doesn't bother me one bit! And, anyone who has "birthed" a baby, as you say, will tell you that it is LABORIOUS!! Don't know about you, but I LABORED! So, the term "labor" is just fine with me. Never gave a 2nd thought to delivery, for that matter. That really doesn't matter to me either.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 5:49 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I dunno it never bothered me. . . FYI some hospitals call it the "Birthing" floor that houses "Labor and Delivery". . .so what is the big deal. . .
    Kirs

Answer by Kirs at 5:50 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Few women are in control. A third have surgery. Most of the rest are numb. Few women get to feel the joy and empowerment of being in control.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 5:52 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Just out of curiosity, what does either labor or delivery have to do with "being in control"?
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 5:54 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• those are just medical terms.....what would you call the process?

and luckily for us there are NOT the opnly ones in control. we have medical professionals there in case God forbid something goes wrong! Years and years ago being the "only one in control" often resulted in 2 deaths.
    Supe68

Answer by Supe68 at 5:55 PM on Sep. 3, 2010