I'm 4 wks pregnant will it hurt the baby if i eat shrimp and crab while pregnant??

Asked by Anonymous at 6:58 PM on Jun. 30, 2008 in Pregnancy

• As long as its cooked I don't think so. I always had a rule that I only got seafood once a week. I am a big crab girl. Try doing it that way. I know you can't eat sushi and there are certain fish you can't eat because of the mercury. Just google it or check out

Answer by HeatherTurner at 7:08 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• My doc said no seafood because of the iodine content.

• if its about the iodine look for freshwater fish or farm raised fish like catfish or tilapia.

• i'm 38 weeks and still eat cooked shrimp... as long as it's not raw u are totally fine!

Answer by Ambreelulu at 7:22 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• you can eat sushi as long as its cooked crab or california rolls (NO FISH) im HUGEEEE on sushi i love it so trust me on that one lol.. you can eat fish as long as its cooked. its really good for you and the baby... it just cant be raw or undercooked :) Mmmm now i want seafood!

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 7:23 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Your Directory
    It has a lot of information about fish in your diet while pregnant. .... supposed to make semen taste salty, but what about seafood like shrimp and crab? ...

Answer by vbruno at 7:48 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• Pregnancy Issues: Seafood while Pregnant...MUST READ!
    lots of women eat SOME tuna while pregnant and their children are fine. its not ... I eat seafood all the time. i mostly stick to shrimp and crab, but i eat ... - 38k -

• i ate cooked shimp a lot when i was preg it shouldnt do anything

Answer by Liams_Mommy2291 at 8:03 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• As long as its cooked, im sure its fine. Though i know there are certain shellfish and fish that are no-no's. If you have a what to expect while your expecting book it will have a list and why

Answer by Cmyfantasyworld at 8:06 PM on Jun. 30, 2008

• I am a HUGE fish lover. Good brain cell food. However, I totally avoided shell fish as they are typically waste feeders and their meat contains the garbage. But that was my personal decision, an intuitive decision. It was later that I was told not to which didn't matter cuz I'd already cut it.

Talk with your Midwife or OBGyn if you really want to know. They can explain why or why not and are the most qualified.

Answer by Triessence at 8:12 PM on Jun. 30, 2008