Tens Unit/Muscle Stimulator

Has anyone used one of these? They are using a professional one in Physical Therapy on me but I was wanting to buy one for home. I'm wondering if they are worth the money? I found one online for $109. I'd rather make a one time payment to buy one than to keep paying out for a Massage (about the same amt) to relax my muscles that tense up and won't relax. Just wondering if anyone else used them

Asked by admckenzie at 6:07 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Health

• my step mom had one and i used to sneak and use it when i was a teen..it felt so good. lol. i would say its worth it if you have sore muscles. I remember hers had different levels that went form 1 up to 10 and 10 was so strong you couldnt stand it
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:12 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• my husband and I both have different medical insurances and they BOTH covered us to have one at home.... I'd check on that before you shell out any cash

if not, see if you can borrow or rent one, maybe, or get one used (you will need to buy new stickies, though)
    some people LOVE IT and get an almost morphine feeling from it
    others (Like me!) not so much.... feels nice when its on but no longer term help

good luck!
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:13 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• My mom swears by it and she gave me one for Xmas. I have used it twice. I don't get it - it does nothing for me. But I have a feeling it is for sore muscles, and my back problem is a herniated disk, so muscle stimulation is not going to make that pain go away. I am thinking about selling it but I feel bad and I don't want her to find out, lol.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 6:14 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• My insurance did not cover mine, but it has been worth every penny. My football playing son uses it after extreme workouts. Some medical supply places have them cheaper. Grab the yellow pages and call around. It is the cheapest way to get a good deal!!!
    pixidst73

Answer by pixidst73 at 6:16 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• gosh..now that i'm remembering using my stepmoms..i want to get me one. I wouldnt want to have sex with my husband ever if i had that..haha
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:19 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• i will take a deep massage over sex any day!!
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 6:20 PM on Sep. 3, 2010