Grr! The Frustration!

My son is going through a "mine" phase, but he only does it with my things! Whenever I pour myself a drink, he's gotta be right there asking for it. And pouring him his own is pointless because he wants MINE. As soon as I sit down, he's gotta be right there trying to get into my chair. I'm all about sharing but sometimes I just want to drink a glass of water without having to pour it! He's about 29 months old, does anyone else remember going through this and when it gets (a little bit) better? I'm at my wit's end!

erinwhitt

Asked by erinwhitt at 6:11 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Sweetie, it's only just begun- not only is everything you have or will have theirs- that will include your private time in the bathroom, trying to get a good nite's sleep, having alone time w/ hubby, etc. And it doesn't end until they move out !
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:15 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• lol mine was around 2 - alittle over. I never fed into it. if it was his sure. if it was anyone elses i let him know. i didn't feed his fire so he did not get to bad. he fights with his cousins and other kids but it isn't horrific. when it first starts it bad tho lol. you'll be okay.
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 6:15 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• My 23 mo grandson does this. My son says he will knock something over or create mayham so my son has to get up and then my grandson runs and hops in my son's chair. My grandson does this at my house to but not to that extreme. What's funny is I got a new dog about a month ago that weighs 55 pounds. Now the dog is getting in my spot on the bed if I move just like my grandson does. I have the pillows all nice, ect. So now I have to push a 55 pound dog out of the way to get in bed.

You might try really neat cups for him so he wants his more. Most of the time that works for me. I handle it mostly with humor but I don't have to deal with it 24/7.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 6:17 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Oh yeah, I don't think I've pooped alone since he was like, 5 months, lol. Even when his father's home, he's gotta be right in there with me. "Mommy, you goin' poop? You wipin'? Can I see? Can I flush?" God forbid I don't let him flush! But I don't mind that (once I got over my modesty) because it helps him see that people go poop in the potty, not next to it, like he is apt to do right now for some reason...
    erinwhitt

Comment by erinwhitt (original poster) at 6:18 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• It doesn't end till they move out! LOL!

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 6:19 PM on Sep. 3, 2010