If you have had a kidney stone...

i have my first one ever today :( NOT FUN

if you have had a kidney stone would you rather give birth or have another kidney stone?

hubby and i are comparing it to labor pains .. im saying id rather be in labor again then have another kidney stone! (and i have hard long labors!)

Riosmommy

Asked by Riosmommy at 6:20 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Health

• if labor is worst than a stone passing im in trouble lol
    pinkdena

Answer by pinkdena at 6:22 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• give birth!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:22 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Have a kidney stone. You get over a kidney stone. You never get over having a baby, it's a lifelong committment. LOL!

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 6:22 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• lol gaill the only thing ive thought of that is better kidney stone wise is atleast when this thing is out of me it wont wake me up every night for months! haha
    Riosmommy

Comment by Riosmommy (original poster) at 6:33 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I'd rather give birth. At least with birth pains, there is a down time in between pain and with a kidney stone there isn't; it's constant with no break.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 6:40 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I would rather give birth. I have been dealing with kidney stones for 3 1/2 years. I have had 3 litho treatments and 8 surgeries in that time. I am still going through it. I will find out in 2 weeks if it is over with. I pray it is.
    lovemygirls2007

Answer by lovemygirls2007 at 6:45 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Labor over kidney pain any day. that's for sure.... :( that is so painful.
    sugaree

Answer by sugaree at 7:49 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Seen my family members go through a lot of kidney stones. However, I would imagine giving birth could put you in the same amount of pain.....unless of course you took drugs. LOL Sent my sister a card that said...don't get stone, only kidneying. She didn't like my humor.
    Ittgal

Answer by Ittgal at 8:22 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• They say its a way that men can experience birth
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 8:27 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Ive never had one, but Im prone to sinus infection and I would soooo rather have given birth then deal with that, harsh pain in my face for 5 days, not fun.
    whoreallycares

Answer by whoreallycares at 3:21 AM on Sep. 10, 2010