green poop on good start

I switched my daughter from enfamil lipil to nestle good start due to fussiness and gas and for 2 days she has had green poop. Its not too much iron because good start had alittle less iron than enfamil. Is green poop normal? Could it just be from the switch? Its the same consistancy as before just dark green.

blueeyes71883

Asked by blueeyes71883 at 8:37 PM on Oct. 12, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my dd has been on gs since 2 months when we switched from similac. its been 5 months of green poop, but it def agrees with her tummy better. she didnt do well on the similac. i have heard from other moms in a ff forum that green poop was the norm on good start.

and pp.... smelly poop means something is wrong???? i dont know if i would agree with that.
    mse04

Answer by mse04 at 12:09 PM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I've heard that's pretty common on good start. a lot of July 07 babies from another forum I'm on had the same issues with good start. Has something to do with the ingredients.

as long as she is gaining weight and doesn't show any symptoms of discomfort or an allergy, don't worry about it.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 8:44 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Ha!! Ours is bluish green and nice and squishy!! We swtiched to Target (then it was a little more formed) and then back - shoot, did not miss that... It is normal for my little one. I would not worry about it if there are no other issues.... stinky too!!! :-)
    madzachmom

Answer by madzachmom at 10:20 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• poop isn't supposed to be green or even stinky at this age. that's a hint that there's something wrong with what she's eating.
    Anonymous