if someone has had the experience of having your baby go through an MRI can you please post and answer I'm scares out of my mind our girl is 18 months old. the eye doctor prescribes it to rule out any serious problems in her left eye

Havana has several developmental delays her eye doctor tried to look for something serious with her lazy eye and her report was clear , the baby just has to wear eye path 2 hours daily... but he said lets rule out every thing all together and ordered and MRI I'm so scared of teh Anestassia and Havana only weighs 21 pounds.

youmakemydreams

Asked by youmakemydreams at 8:38 PM on Oct. 12, 2008 in Kids' Health

• My daughter was about 13 months when she had her MRI and she did fine. They just strapped her to the bed, so she would stay perfectly still and put her under. We left and went to the cafeteria while they did the MRI and then came back up and waited for her to wake up. She came out of it fine, and had no issues whatsoever. I wouldn't worry too much.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 8:47 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• IF SHE GOES TO A CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL I WOULDN'T WORRY. THAT'S ALL THEY DO. USUALLY THE'LL SEDATE OR GIVE THEM SOMETHING TO CALM THEM DOWN AND THEY USUALLY HAVE T.V.'S IN THERE. aS LONG AS YOU ARE NOT PREGGO YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO STAY IN THERE WITH HER.
    myboogiewoogie

Answer by myboogiewoogie at 8:45 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• My Son Has Water On The Brain I Cant Spell The Medical Name For It Of Hand But He Had To Have A Mri Every 6 Months Untill He Was 6 Now It Yearly They Just Put A Little Sedative In His Bottle The Test Only Took About 5 Minutes We Were Mostly In And Out With In 30 To 45 Minutes Total If You Can Try To Schedule It Around Her Nap Time And Bring Her Blankete Or Stuff Anamal Good Luck And I Hope Every Thing Turns Out Good
    Anonymous

• Make sure she goes to a Children's Hospital. My son went through one at about 9 months old for eye problems as well. Try not to worry, the baby will pick up on it. Both of you will be fine :0)
    jms124

Answer by jms124 at 9:24 PM on Oct. 12, 2008