how many of you have panic attacks and do u feel like your dieing with some illness

i feel as thow i am dieing from heart problems i also feel like i am loosing my mind

ROBIN6

Asked by ROBIN6 at 6:28 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Health

• I used to feel that way when I first started having Panic Attacks(I made tons of trips to the ER thinking I was going to die from heart problems-so I understand where you are coming from) but between Therapy,Yoga,and watching what I eat and making sure I try to get enough sleep I really don't have them very often anymore. Some things I have learned along the way that have helped with them are doing "Tree Pose",walk away from the situation go for a walk or ride find someone that you feel comfortable with to help talk you down,journal to find out what your triggers are,breath into a paper bag(I personally haven't tried this one but have been told it works),get OUTSIDE and walk on a regular basis,meditation, If you wanna talk just leave me a note on CB or message me I will gladly chat with you. =)
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 7:19 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Yep, that's a panic attack alright! That is pretty much exactly what it feels like. I don't have them very often anymore but I try to focus on the fact that it is temporary, I will feel better soon, and its ok to just cry it out when I am feeling like I need to. I have had lots of therapy and have been on meds for anxiety and depression for years, and all that has helped a lot. I haven't had one in years.
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 8:05 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Oh yep my panic attacks or stress attacks feel very much like heart problems. I have even had my heart checked just to make sure. It sucks and not much helps
    whoreallycares

Answer by whoreallycares at 3:19 AM on Sep. 10, 2010