Anyone else using Depo Provera as bc?

Ive never really liked birth control, but I had a miscarriage about a month and a half ago and the dr wanted me on it so I wouldnt get pregnant too soon. Depo was the best option for me, and I started reading up on it. Ive read about the awful mood swings it causes, and Ive read that it can take up to a year to get your fertility back, so now im a little anxious that I wont be able to get pregnant again. Has anyone had any issues with the Depo shot?

lilygracesmoma

Asked by lilygracesmoma at 6:30 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Health

• I did years ago. Never had mood swings. Didn't have trouble getting pregnant again either. They have to list the worst of the side effects, don't let them scare you off. I loved it when I was on it.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 6:36 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Ive been on depo, at many different times, I was able to have my son after being on it, but its different for every woman. However I did gain weight. So that sucks. I don't know about mood swings since i'm bipolar I already have that issue lol.
    whoreallycares

Answer by whoreallycares at 3:17 AM on Sep. 10, 2010