Is it common to be called fat when pregnant?

Ugh Im so tired of my mother commenting to me and other people how big Ive gotten. Yes Ive gotten bigger with this baby than with my first two. No I cant run/jog two miles with this baby like I could the first two. Nor can I walk as far without stopping. Im just so tired of her making me feel bad about my weight. She acts like its disgusting and being raised with that in mind I feel like that most days. Like Im disgusting and I cant wait to be thin again. Does this happen to all pregnant women?

ShadowXX

Asked by ShadowXX at 6:31 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Pregnancy

• that is AWFUL.... I've been pregnant twice and nothing like that happened to me either time. What the scale says is between you and your dr. As long as you're feeling ok and can reach to wipe you @ss who cares what you look like. Sad 4 you :(
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:33 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• thats horrible and you should tell her how she is making you feel.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 6:36 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Big and fat are not always the same thing, and not always about weight. Unless the baby isn't growing right, big is inevitable when pregnant.
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 6:45 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• ugh I think someone commented on me big chubby. but we are pregnant. that is horrible!
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 6:53 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• That's just completely rude! Does she know that every pregnancy is different? Everyone says you're supposed to be the smallest with your first- but I was huge compared to my other pregnancies. Now, I gained the weight faster with the subsequent pregnancies, and I carried them all differently. I had very few people actually say "You're a lot bigger with this one than you have been with ____", but it did happen, and not in a mean fashion. Maybe you should let her know that it hurts your feelings when she's constantly referring to you as fat. Pregnant women are beautiful, just remember that!!
    SAHMomOf3

Answer by SAHMomOf3 at 7:01 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• im already fat and was when my pregnant w/ my 2 yo...and i was never called fat and i never felt fat. you're growing a baby for crying out loud...its NOT fat. you should let your mom have it the next time she calls you fat, she's just stupid if she truly thinks you're fat while pregnant. its one thing to feel big cause well...you are and its NORMAL! but its wrong for your mom to constantly be reminding you of your size. pregnancy is the one time you shouldnt have to worry about being fat.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:14 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• no but its common to be called pregnant when fat..lol i just had my baby a month ago and my mil still rubs my tummy like im pregnant..rude much? she did it with my first son too...so i hear yu...take pride in the fact that your getting bigger that just masns your takin good care of your baby.
    april262009

Answer by april262009 at 10:37 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• no its not right ! i just call my self fat cause im getting big with my twins but my hunny tells me in not ! so dont listen to your mom she is jsut trying to make you feel bad and you shouldnt your pg and you feeding that baby and making sure its health ! so how it gets better for you !
    alesha57701

Answer by alesha57701 at 5:09 AM on Sep. 4, 2010