wow. While shopping for school clothes and supplies, I also saw that halloween costumes and treats were out so I picked up the treats that I'm going to hand out. And then around the corner.....

there were Christmas decorations! Christmas stuff already! Why is it being put out already? Didn't they use to wait a little longer before putting Christmas stuff out?

QandA

Asked by QandA at 6:32 PM on Sep. 3, 2010 in Shopping

• I wish they would wait longer. I don't like to do halloween with back to school.
    science_spot

Answer by science_spot at 2:24 PM on Sep. 4, 2010

• They do this because of what you just did ... you bought in advance. They put it out there, taking up valuable retail space, because it sells. If people stop buying so early, we'll stop seeing it so early. But as long as people are buying, they'll put it out.
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 6:36 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• Every year it seems to get earlier and earlier!! I HATE it. I can only handle one holiday at a time.
    Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 6:41 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• This always pisses me off... and watch i am pregnant so i am gunna be very loud this year... I hate that they always put christmas crap out this early. idk if this is new for you? they always do it where I am
    MoMoFu

Answer by MoMoFu at 6:34 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• some places like putting things out early to beat the rush
    emmarobbins

Answer by emmarobbins at 6:34 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• It irritates me, it seems to get earlier every year. For goodness sakes, Halloween stuff is fine, but Halloween hasn't come yet, let alone Thanksgiving. Wait a few more months, at least!
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 8:07 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I don't mind it - I like to buy early so it's actually good to me. I have my Christmas cards purchased in October and ready to mail on Black Friday. I do Christmas crafts at school and with our Girl Scouts so I'm all for the kits being put out nice and early since we only have 2 weeks in December of school. But, I'm a little anal when it comes to holidays - fall decorations go up the Tues after Labor Day, Halloween goes out October 1 and comes down November 1 so that Thanksgiving can go out which comes down on Black Friday so that Christmas can go up and that comes down after January 6.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:20 PM on Sep. 3, 2010

• I didn't mind the halloween stuff being out, but I think it is too early for the Christmas stuff. I bought for halloween not Christmas.
    QandA

Comment by QandA (original poster) at 6:53 PM on Sep. 3, 2010